SOLD AS Cash - Rack of Quarters (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brains613

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
SO. I’ve been on life tilt now for a couple of months.

My partner got hospitalized TWICE with complications after her last bout of surgery. That means we’re almost surely going over her annual maximum again for the second year in a row. We’re still negotiating over the five figure bill from the hospital last fall and winter, but they already knocked 10K off that one, so I don’t think we’ll get it further reduced. Breast cancer sucks! (Don’t even get me started on our healthcare system…)

My grandson went missing. (We thought). Turns out he was in a closet and had fallen asleep under a pile of clothes. We think he was playing and hiding from his dad, then fell asleep, but that was a TERRIFYING two hours. Even after we found him, my heart didn’t stop pounding for hours. Later that day, every time he was out of my sight, I freaked out a bit. The police who showed up were not nice about it once we found him, and my daughter felt responsible , since she felt like she should have found him before calling us. That wasn’t fun.

I got rear-ended on the highway after some moron came to a complete stop in a merge lane. I was two cars back from him, and KNEW as soon as my car came to a complete stop that I was going to get hit. That’s not hyperbole. I played my dashcam video back, and can hear myself say “oh shit” when my car comes to a stop. That jackass, of course, just drove away. I got my car back on a Friday. The following Thursday, someone hit the same car in the parking lot at Walmart, damaging the front passenger fender, doors, and headlight. Then, early last week, the dashboard on that same car lit up like a Christmas tree, as they say, and it needs a new transmission to the tune of $9500.

That’s a non-exhaustive list of the bad things that have happened in my house recently, and I’ve exhausted our savings on medical bills. That’s part of why I’ve been offline for a while. Things have just kinda sucked, and it’s been hard for me to find pleasure in the things I normally do. I didn’t want to witness an awesome GB come up and not be able to participate, or something like that, since it would inevitably drive me deeper into depression. No, seriously. Depression sucks, too.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to take my partner on the trip I promised her when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and that breaks my heart. But we’re a two job household, and I need a car, and we need to pay these medical bills, so I’m getting out of the star chip business. These are mostly unused for now, but I might have to list a couple of other sets that I use in addition to these.

Anyway, I’m selling a bunch of chips. Doing auctions for max money-grabbiness, but only because it’s necessary. Though I love this community, I have to exploit it for my own financial gain for the moment.

This auction is for a RACK of 39MM Aurora Star chips, denominated for $0.25.

AS quarters.jpg

1. STARTING BID: $300
2. Bids must be placed in minimum increments of $1
3. The Starting Bid of the auction will be treated as the Reserve Price.
4. All bids are to be placed openly in this thread. No bids via PM/Conversation.
5. Auction will use the '5 minutes after last closing bid rule'. Highest bid at 9:00pm, Eastern Standard Time, Wednesday, June 13 will win unless there is a bid within 5 minutes of closing time - then the closing time will be 5 min. after the latest bid was posted.
6. Edited posts will be voided.
7. I reserve the right to: i) cancel the auction if no bids have been made; ii) edit the listing to correct errors or clarify rules as needed.
8. PCF (it's Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are in no way responsible for any actions in this auction.
9. Shipping Terms: Buyer pays $8 shipping (in CONUS), full shipping cost international.
10. Payment Terms: PayPal Friends and Family, or buyer pays PayPal fees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom