All things Led (1 Viewer)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
Wondering how many Led Zeppelin fans there are here. Recently dusted off my Led Zeppelin CD's. Still am overwhelmed by the quality of their musicianship and lyrics. Maybe I am a throwback.

Is there music relevant today? How well have their albums stood up to the test of time?

Last edited:
Wondering how many Led Zeppelin fans there are here. Recently dusted off my Led Zeppelin CD's. Still am overwhelmed by the quality of their musicianship and lyrics. Maybe I am a throwback.

Is there music relevant today? How well have their albums stood up to the test of time?
It was just a couple years back when old music outsold new music for the first time ever. People appreciate the good old stuff (like Zeppelin) more and more as time passes, because it is real and authentic (not corporate and computerized), and especially if they're not rampant blockers on youtube. You can de-monetize, no problem, but you can't block, so then the new generation gets exposed to your music and your streams multiply.

As a 33y/o I still hold that they're the greatest rock band of all time, massive fan, fell in love with em in high school.

"stairway to heaven is so overplayed bro"

That's what my friends and I probably said in high school. I busted out the Zeppelin for the first time in a long time, and I must have listened to that song about 10 times in a row! Love how it starts slow and ends fast.

YUP. Huge fan. Love ALL of it. If I had to corner some of my favs:

I
Good Times Bad Times
Black Mountain Side

II
What Is and What Should Never Be
Ramble On
Moby Dick
Bring it on Home

III
Celebration Day
Gallows Pole
That's The Way
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

IV
The Battle of Evermore
Misty Mountain Hop
Four Sticks
Going to California
When the Levee Breaks

Houses of the Holy
No Quarter

Physical Graffiti
In the Light
Bron-Y-Aur
Ten Years Gone

Presence
Nobody's Fault but Mine
Hots on for Nowhere ---- I guess, lol. Didn't like this album as much as the others

I will skip the song remains the same because it is live

In Through the Out Door
In the Evening
Fool in the Rain
All of my Love

Boxed Set
Travelling Riverside Blues
Hey Hey What Can I Do
White Summer/Black Mountain Side

----all of those because they were previously unreleased.

But like I said, I LOVE ALL OF IT!!

My favorite as well but pretty different and folkish than much of the rest of their material. (70s folk is my heart and AMERICA is my FAV @Hornet LOL )

When I think Of Zepplin it's this beautiful piece of ART
One thing I figured out this past week is everything 70s rock is your favorite lol

If you’re a Zeppelin fan and have a turn table, highly recommend the remastered 180g vinyl. Jimmy P. remastered the originals and they are quite amazing. I have OG pressings and several of the remasters and spin the remasters way more!

BTW - Yes, I’m a Zeppelin fan!

Last edited:
Huge fan. Speaking both as a fan and as a (recovering) musician, they’re just incredible.

As with many of my favorites, I’m too young to have seen the band live, but not too young to own a lot of the back catalog on CD.

I often think about what it must have been like to go to the local record store in 1968, buy Led Zeppelin I and drop the needle on the first track ”Good Times Bad Times” for the first time. The world hasn’t been the same ever since.

Probably my favorite band of all time. I was fortunate enough to see Jimmy Page and Robert Plant on tour together in 1995 and Jimmy Page with the Black Crows in 2000.

As to their music being relevant today, I believe I read somewhere that they still currently sell somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 albums per day worldwide.

Grew up in the generation after Led Zepplin... fortunate (maybe, considering some of the side effects :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:) to hang out with guys who did grow up with them. Listening to them, even literally yesterday, and they are still, hands down, one of the all time greats.

This woman gets Led Zeppelin!

Super easy on the eyes, that's for sure :oops:

I never get tired of Led Zeppelin, even their sloppy performances are leagues better than other bands. One of the best live performances has to be Achilles Last Stand from Knebworth in '79. I adore this version. Bonhams drumming on this song is exceptional.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom