Found Air-Tite I-39 Black / X-39 Black (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himewad

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
145   0   0
I just purchased some X-39 Air-Tites with the black ring, and realized that they don't match the ones that I had been using, which are the I-39 Air-Tites with the black ring. They fit the same size chips, but the X-39 Air-Tites are a bit thicker and wider.

My OCD is very unhappy with me at the moment, so I'm wondering if anyone wants to trade. I don't really care which I trade and which I receive.

I-39 Black on top ... X-39 Black on bottom.

I just purchased 100 of the X-39 blacks, and I have around 130 of the I-39 blacks.

IMG_8688.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like I have around 130 of the I-39s. I will update the OP with my quantities of each.

Semi-related question, on the Air-Tite specs chart, it says the I-39's depth is only 2.921mm. Do you find that chips, which are generally ~3.3mm thick, make it so the capsule can't be fully closed with the I-39s?

Semi-related question, on the Air-Tite specs chart, it says the I-39's depth is only 2.921mm. Do you find that chips, which are generally ~3.3mm thick, make it so the capsule can't be fully closed with the I-39s?
I have not found that, no. They all appear to fully close regardless of what chip it is holding.

I have not found that, no. They all appear to fully close regardless of what chip it is holding.
That's good to know. I've bought generic Air-Tites on eBay that fit chips width-wise, but would have trouble closing fully. Maybe they were based on the I39 but have even smaller tolerances (I had to return them because they weren't usable for that reason). I eventually found some that didn't have the problem, maybe they're more like the X39s. I do think their outer dimensions were larger.

I may have to try some authentic Air-Tite brand capsules sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom