Cash Game 600 Chip Micro Stakes Breakdown (1 Viewer)

floppydisk

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all. What do you think about this 600 chip micro stakes breakdown? Do you think these denominations offer some scalability? We'd probably mostly be playing $10 and $20 buy-ins but it would be nice to have some flexibility to go up to say $40 if people want a larger game. Probably looking at 5-6 players average but occasionally up to 8 players. Thanks!

Denom
Quantity
Extended
$0.05​
150​
$7.50​
$0.25​
200​
$50​
$1​
150​
$150​
$5​
75​
$375​
$20​
25​
$500​
TOTAL
$1,082.50

Thank you all for your advice! I ended up with 120/200/200/80 for now and will use $20 bills if needed. Got the Majestics from Apache and love them!

I’m curious how that’s working out for you so far. I’m in the process of figuring out the best breakdown for our first cash game, which will likely be 10$ as well, and I’m internally debating whether 120 x 5c is enough, or if I should go for 10c instead .

I’m curious how that’s working out for you so far. I’m in the process of figuring out the best breakdown for our first cash game, which will likely be 10$ as well, and I’m internally debating whether 120 x 5c is enough, or if I should go for 10c instead .
The first session included a few guys not very experienced with poker (didn’t know the hand rankings). Three people rebought once each. We kept it at 0.05/0.10. I don’t think I’ll raise the stakes to 0.10/0.25 or 0.25/0.25 until I end up with a group of more experienced regulars who are willing to rebuy multiple times at $20.

We played 6 handed. I got all the nickels out on the table immediately.
20/20/4

Rebuys were quarters then dollars on the third. We barely touched my cache of $1 chips. Didn’t use $5 at all. A little worried 200 dollar chips might be a bit much but at least I have room to scale if I get more poker enthusiasts at my table. Might have been better to get a little more nickels and quarters to have larger stacks. I’ll update with more sessions.

Last edited:
Rebuys were quarters then dollars on the third. We barely touched my cache of $1 chips. Didn’t use $5 at all. A little worried 200 dollar chips might be a bit much but at least I have room to scale if I get more poker enthusiasts at my table. Might have been better to get a little more nickels and quarters to have larger stacks. I’ll update with more sessions.

That’s what I fear might happen in my case, thank you for the details, that’s very helpful. I think I’ll start with a lot more 5c and 0.25$ than dollars then, then reevaluate later.

If you don’t mind me asking, what chip breakdown/distribution (not sure what the correct terminology is here sorry) did you use for your 10$ game? That is, how many 5c, 0.25, 1$ goes to each player initially.

That’s what I fear might happen in my case, thank you for the details, that’s very helpful. I think I’ll start with a lot more 5c and 0.25$ than dollars then, then reevaluate later.

If you don’t mind me asking, what chip breakdown/distribution (not sure what the correct terminology is here sorry) did you use for your 10$ game? That is, how many 5c, 0.25, 1$ goes to each player initially.
Oops I wrote the wrong numbers above. I had 6 people and did 20/20/4 with 0.05/0.25/1. This got all the nickels on the table to start with. First two people who rebought got 40 quarters each. 3rd person who rebought got 10 $1 chips.

5D54BEEF-2288-49F5-A22B-F532A049B1FD.jpeg

Here’s what it looks like with my majestic chips.

Good points. Only need the 100 nickels but my players are pretty slow and prefer a barrel each; I don't mind obliging then chipping them out as the night goes on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom