Tourney 20 man Turbo Tourny (1 Viewer)

Gubbins

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi all, back in the tournament forum asking for advice. You’ve never let me down before so here I am again.

I’ve done a quick search and can’t find a match, but I have a tournament I need to put together with the following perameters.

22 people are at an event of ours, and I’m expecting anywhere between 15-20 people will play. It will be over 3 tables, so orbits shouldn’t take long.

The main kicker is that is just finishing within 3 hours…

The chips I have are:

180 x 25c
300 x $1
200 x $5
100 x $25
20 x $100

Our table is used to our cash games and doesn’t like to play super deep, and we only have three hours.

My initial thoughts was a simple start of $100 starting stack.

15 x $1
7 x $5
2 x $25

Starting with $1 , $1. Blinds. 100 BB start.

None standard I know, but not problematic?

To end in 3 hours I was thinking big and reasonably quick blind levels something like this:

$1 / $1. 25 min
$1 / $2. 25 mins
$2 / $4. 25 min
$4 / $8. 25 min
$8 / $15. 25 min
$15 / $30. 25 min
$30 / $60 25 min
$60 / $100

Knowing our group, that will probably end it.

Are there any obvious pitfalls here? Or is there a painfully obviously / better way of doing it?

I don’t really need the 25c in play and the two 25c racks are slightly different despite being blue, so not essential I use them.

Thanks as always.

Cheers

Works. But you should plan at least short breaks in-between.
Maybe you shoukd go down to 20 minutes blind levels with a 10 minute break every hour.

Works. But you should plan at least short breaks in-between.
Maybe you shoukd go down to 20 minutes blind levels with a 10 minute break every hour.
Yeh I’ll stick a few breaks in there.

I’m concerned with whether their are better ways to use the denominations / starting amounts of each denomination / full stack amount..

I figured having a lot of 1’s will help with blinds, and theirs no need to over complicate it. Plus £100 is an easy figure for people to get their heads around.

Glad to get some confirmation neways, regardless of the breaks. Thanks for the input :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom