SOLD 1998 Miramax Rounders Promotional Sample Set (ASM) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr8719

Full House
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
AUCTION ENDS ON
Sep 17, 2020
AUCTION ENDS AT
9:00 PM Eastern Time
STARTING BID
$5
MINIMUM BID INCREMENT
$1
PAYMENTS ACCEPTED
  1. PayPal F&F
  2. PayPal G&S
SHIPPING TERMS
Free - Worldwide
SHIPS VIA
Royal Mail
AUCTION GUIDELINES
    1. The highest bid at the closing time listed above will win. If there is a bid within 5 minutes of the closing time (original or extended closing time), 5 minutes shall be added to the time of the last bid, until there are no bids within the final 5 minutes. Because seconds are not displayed on post timestamps, these examples will be used as a reference.
    2. No Reserve. The Starting Bid of this auction will be treated as the Reserve Price.
    3. Bids must be placed in whole US dollars, using numbers in minimum increments as stated above. (bids using images or spelled out numbers are not valid)
    4. All bids are to be placed openly in this thread. No bids via Private Message/Convo. Sellers are not permitted to bid on their own auctions.
    5. The seller reserves the right to edit the listing to clarify statements or correct any errors.
    6. Once a valid bid is made, the auction can not be canceled. Bid edits and/or retractions are not permitted. Violations of this rule will result in discipline at the discretion of PCF Admins and/or Moderators.
    7. PCF (its Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are not responsible for any actions or outcomes that take place in this auction.
Rounders fans and sample set collectors, this is the post for you!

IMG_20200914_142322.jpg

IMG_20200914_141554.jpg

Up for auction is a 1998, ASM sample set of Rounders chips that were made exclusively for Miramax. There were a total of 30 x 300-chip sets made for Miramax, who then gifted them to European film distributors as part of the film's European promotion.

tumblr_mxzceoveF81rnaz59o1_500.gif

These are not to be confused with the following set which, comprising a different inlay, were sold on the Miramax website (and were made by ASM as and when they were ordered).

I have been lucky enough to recently acquire one of these 300-chip sets, with this sample set being extras that were in the case when I received the package. As per the 300-chip set, these are still chalky and in near mint condition; they haven't been put in play by me, but a few chips do have the odd very, very small flea bite here and there (which is understandable given their age).

I couldn't find any examples on PCF of a sample set of these being offered, so I guess this auction does provide quite a rare opportunity to Rounders and sample set lovers.

What's more, whoever wins this auction will be given first refusal on the entire 300-chip set...

SnappyTerribleAnchovy-max-1mb.gif

... which will go up for sale soon (I really couldn't bear to put these into play, and would much rather them end up in the hands of someone who would truly cherish them).

I'm offering free, worldwide shipping on the sample set — so bid away and good luck.

Best,

Jack.

Last edited:
My wallet breathed a sigh of relief when I realized these weren’t the KGB Rounders chips! lol.

still super cool chips. Watching!

Rounders fans and sample set collectors, this is the post for you!

View attachment 532835
View attachment 532836

Up for auction is a 1998, ASM sample set of Rounders chips that were made exclusively for Miramax. There were a total of 30 x 300-chip sets made for Miramax, who then gifted them to European film distributors as part of the film's European promotion.

View attachment 532914

These are not to be confused with the following set which, comprising a different inlay, were sold on the Miramax website (and were made by ASM as and when they were ordered).

I have been lucky enough to recently acquire one of these 300-chip sets, with this sample set being extras that were in the case when I received the package. As per the 300-chip set, these are still chalky and in near mint condition; they haven't been put in play by me, but a few chips do have the odd very, very small flea bite here and there (which is understandable given their age).

I couldn't find any examples on PCF of a sample set of these being offered, so I guess this auction does provide quite a rare opportunity to Rounders and sample set lovers.

What's more, whoever wins this auction will be given first refusal on the entire 300-chip set...

View attachment 532919

... which will go up for sale soon (I really couldn't bear to put these into play, and would much rather them end up in the hands of someone who would truly cherish them).

I'm offering free, worldwide shipping on the sample set — so bid away and good luck.

Best,

Jack.
Got a ballpark on what you're thinking for the 300 set? Or at least a range? That may influence some people who are considering bidding!

Got a ballpark on what you're thinking for the 300 set? Or at least a range? That may influence some people who are considering bidding!
Honestly? I'm a little stuck with the value of the 300-chip set, I won't lie. Is the final price of the sample set indicative of an individual chip's value? So if the sample set goes for, let's say, $60, does that make each individual chip worth $15? That's sailing the seas of boat chip prices...

Honestly? I'm a little stuck with the value of the 300-chip set, I won't lie. Is the final price of the sample set indicative of an individual chip's value? So if the sample set goes for, let's say, $60, does that make each individual chip worth $15? That's sailing the seas of boat chip prices...
Imo singles and samples almost never correlate to a full set price. If you don't want to sell at whatever the original cost was then an auction seems like the only way to determine an actual value

Imo singles and samples almost never correlate to a full set price. If you don't want to sell at whatever the original cost was then an auction seems like the only way to determine an actual value
Yeah, this was my thinking — if the winner of the sample set wants to take the full set, then I'd be open to reasonable suggestions via PM as to what they'd feel comfortable paying. Failing that, they'll go to auction, like you said.

I'm just hoping to get some sort of a range about what reasonable would be! $2 a chip? $5? $10? I'm definitely out at $15 a chip for the three racks :)

Or... perhaps you could just sell 75 samples? Is the 300 chip set broken down evenly across each of the 4 colors?

Or... perhaps you could just sell 75 samples? Is the 300 chip set broken down evenly across each of the 4 colors?
I did think about peeling chips off the main set and selling samples, but a bigger part of me feels as though it is wrong to break up such a unique set. Breakdown as follows for the 300 chips:

100 grey
100 red
50 green
50 black

Pr0n? Well, if you insist...

IMG_20200912_225512.jpg

IMG_20200912_224656.jpg

IMG_20200912_224720.jpg

I'm just hoping to get some sort of a range about what reasonable would be! $2 a chip? $5? $10? I'm definitely out at $15 a chip for the three racks :)
I am thinking within the $6 to $8 region per chips, realistically. I just don't see a full set of these in such incredible condition becoming available again anytime soon — not to mention their significance for Rounders fans.

Just my humble opinion, but I don't think you're doing yourself any favors discussing this openly and creating uncertainty about what might or might not happen with the full set. The possibility of you creating 50 sample sets severely impacts the value (in my mind) of this sample set. Even if you don't create more samples, it feels likely that the 300 chips will go to auction.

Just my two cents. :)

GLWA!!

Just my humble opinion, but I don't think you're doing yourself any favors discussing this openly and creating uncertainty about what might or might not happen with the full set. The possibility of you creating 50 sample sets severely impacts the value (in my mind) of this sample set. Even if you don't create more samples, it feels likely that the 300 chips will go to auction.

Just my two cents. :)

GLWA!!
Cheers dude — really appreciate the advice, and apologies if it has created uncertainty / put anybody off.

Just to clarify, the 300-CHIP SET WILL NOT BE SPLIT UP TO OFFER MORE SAMPLE sets. This will be the only sample set made available.

Splitting this set up would be sacrilege — and would leave myself and others feeling like...

photobucket.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.