Vendor Sale 1800’s Old West Ivory Poker Chip Set (2 Viewers)

This is one of the best sets posted here on PCF ever. The other "$10,000" sets (looking at you NAGB chips) in any quantity can't hold a light to this set. I've thought about selling 3 or 4 sets to get my hands on it, but I'm too lazy and I have grown somewhat attached to my current lineup to give it a run.

I'm surprised that some of the deeper pockets haven't jumped at this opportunity. I mean a playable ivory set... damn.

People throw the term "grail" around for sets that have dozens of sets exactly like them out there. This is one set that I have no problem with that term being used. I understand that counts for precisely jack shit, but your set really is something special.

TLDR - Great set man, honestly, it's incredible.
^This.

I have the cash to consider buying it. Could easily justify it as an antique investment too. But difficulty of getting them to Australia kills the idea for me. If it was already my set I couldn't bear to sell it.

Someone suggested an ivory auction which may work well for OP. Other options? Maybe could be leased to a specialty museum. Get some income from them while they go up in value.

Attached are close-up photos of all 3 chips .
If you look closely - your can visibly see the
cross-pattern in the chips - which should be
there in all the older elephant ivory chips .
Each one of the borders ( red and gold ) is
also individually colored by hand - one chip
at a time . When you scrimshaw chips by hand -
they will all look similar - but no two chips will
be 100 % identical .View attachment 787164View attachment 787165View attachment 787166
These would be a perfect gift for a certain someone, if only I had nine grand sitting in my back pocket…
Here’s to who ever snaps up these beauties!
They are in immaculate condition!

It is SO COOL to play with these
ivory chips in an actual game ! ! !
Similar to a card game in one of the
Old West saloons / gambling halls …

Would you trade for some bake lites lol. Just kidding, this is an amazing set can’t believe it’s still here!

Owe man I just read through the thread I’m sorry for your loss and I believe it’s a loss to the community as well. Wish I had the funds to purchase GLWS!

I always enjoy showing this ivory set of chips .
It brings back fond memories from times past .
Not many individuals today have ever played
in a game using only ivory chips ….. it is a
very unique experience !!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom