Relabel these chips with me in real time (2 Viewers)

Here’s an example of the reflectivity problem (on a different chip, but with a similar size inlay). The crisp artwork is basically spoiled when reflecting even a little light:

1714311092739.png

And here’s their other textured material on a larger 43mm chip. I can live with this amount of reflection as the size allows the image to still be readable. But on a smaller inlay the same textured grid becomes a little problematic:

1714311241219.jpeg

I see. The photos help. I have so far only used the fine mesh and crisp linen on simple designs with high contrast. I wonder if double laminating would work? Like, laminate with crisp linen/fine mesh and then laminate OVER that with smooth satin? Would probably be a hot mess, but only one way to fine out!

I see. The photos help. I have so far only used the fine mesh and crisp linen on simple designs with high contrast. I wonder if double laminating would work? Like, laminate with crisp linen/fine mesh and then laminate OVER that with smooth satin? Would probably be a hot mess, but only one way to fine out!

Huh. I would worry about the inlays getting too thick. Also about the texture on the underlayer creating tiny air pockets under the top layer that could allow in moisture or just feel/look weird.

I’d rather just find another brand of lamination, but it may not exist in self-seal types besides Llama.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom