Origin of your Username (6 Viewers)

Mine's simple. Cali is short for my last name, and being from the east coast, the obvious oxymoron seemed to be a nice fit. It's become the immediate target of any bent out of shape gamers that are mad at me in fps type games. It's veeery entertaining to hear people attack my intelligence because Cali is on the west coast; they feel the need to enlighten me lol.

@merkong came about back in my competitive slow pitch softball days. Full dress uniforms (two per player), 3 hats per player (game hat, back up, bar hat), hoodies, windbreakers, cleats, bags, bats… We were heavily sponsored.

With a career 1,950 home runs, career batting average of over .725, and slugging percentage a whopping 1.379 I could really sting the ball. Roaming right center field with Buggsy to my right, K-Dog in left, and Dinner in right, we could all cover ground and had cannons for arms.

The name came about when I destroyed a pitch that was tape measured at just under 400’. Twice in back to back at bats.

“He hit that like King Kong” turned into Merkong as the “mer” part is the first half of my last name. Sometimes just Kong or Konger, I always answer to Merkong.

Lunettes=glasses. Back when I started to play I always laughed at people playing with glasses (sorry for those who do). So I thought it would be a nickname for my profil. Glassman kind of.

Digirati is a play on the term Illuminati, but for people in the Internet space.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom