One gapper in the BB (1 Viewer)

Going back to your initial description of the villain:

Villain 2 is very experienced, a good LAG but has been running bad this session and probably on tilt a bit.

So it seems fair to assume he is more capable of bluffing than your average player.

And that he might be making a move to chase his losses. (Of course, he also could just have it.)

Meanwhile, he was the original raiser, over an EP limp… But that was from the button, meaning his range is wider than from most other spots.

He also was the aggressor on all subsequent streets.

If he flopped a full house or made a big flush on the turn, wouldn’t he go a bit slower so as not to lose customers?

Since he can have a lot of Ax, and also is capable of bluffing/semibluffing, and is tilted… I say call. He might even just have KK with a diamond blocker.

If he has a monster so be it. You flopped about as well as can be expected with 42s and the villain’s range shouldn’t be that heavy with better hands.

Is BTN good enough to have the same opinion of UTG as you? If so he has to be wary of firing with air against the calling station and it looks like the bet is sized to get UTG’s whole stack. I guess being a LAG works because occasionally they have it and people pay them off. I’m not calling 165 BB with a bluff catcher when there is a third person yet to act. Chapeau if he gets the bluff through. I’m nitting up and looking for a better spot. Fold.

$82.50? Seriously with the fracs?
That’s enough to get me to rage snap call, which is probably the plan. So annoying.

I dunno. Why the hell did UTG call the turn? Is he really that bad? Were they both chasing diamonds?
I’d bet a lot that your LAG does not have a 2. I suppose he could have a couple of diamonds but I’m probably going to pay to find out.
As played, I’m making a pained call. But I never would have flatted these cards pre to begin with, fwiw
Yeah the LAG loves to annoy people by betting $10 with fracs! I don't even put out that many fracs by PCF standards but he still somehow manages to hoard them all!

Good spot to do a live read or exploit

Absent a history of overbluffing with overbets into two players on the river or a decent live read that is correlated with bluff, this looks like a fold.
Unfortunately, no live read or exploit here, he's a regular but have not seen this particular situation. Or I just can't remember...

Going back to your initial description of the villain:

Villain 2 is very experienced, a good LAG but has been running bad this session and probably on tilt a bit.

So it seems fair to assume he is more capable of bluffing than your average player.

And that he might be making a move to chase his losses. (Of course, he also could just have it.)

Meanwhile, he was the original raiser, over an EP limp… But that was from the button, meaning his range is wider than from most other spots.

He also was the aggressor on all subsequent streets.

If he flopped a full house or made a big flush on the turn, wouldn’t he go a bit slower so as not to lose customers?

Since he can have a lot of Ax, and also is capable of bluffing/semibluffing, and is tilted… I say call. He might even just have KK with a diamond blocker.

If he has a monster so be it. You flopped about as well as can be expected with 42s and the villain’s range shouldn’t be that heavy with better hands.

Is BTN good enough to have the same opinion of UTG as you? If so he has to be wary of firing with air against the calling station and it looks like the bet is sized to get UTG’s whole stack. I guess being a LAG works because occasionally they have it and people pay them off. I’m not calling 165 BB with a bluff catcher when there is a third person yet to act. Chapeau if he gets the bluff through. I’m nitting up and looking for a better spot. Fold.

BTN is good enough to understand that UTG is a calling station in this spot. I figured that if BTN is overbetting here, he is wanting a call because the calling station is likely to come along. If he's bluffing in this spot, his bet needs to get through me (one of the tighter players) and the calling station.

I tanked for a while and ended up folding. The calling station ended up folding too and the Villain showed 86o for a very well crafted bluff. I think if I was closing the action, I would just call here (I was thinking exactly along the lines of @Taghkanic above) but having the calling station behind me makes it harder for me to call in this spot. We discussed the hand later on and he said that he knew I'd find it hard to call without a super strong hand in that spot with the calling station behind so decided to give it a go.

Will be downloading that information into the vault though so hopefully can use it against him next time!

This is the type.of hand Eastgate called in the big blind when he got outplayed by Dwan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom