Nine Dragons Group Buy (CLOSED; in waiting) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mental Nomad

Full House
Reaction score
So I'm definitely running a Nine Dragons Group Buy for those of us wanting less than 250 chips. There is also a 50 chip minimum per denomination.

We have enough interest to make the minimum, but I'll hold this Group Buy thread open for about a week in case more people want to jump in. If you know someone who was waiting for this, please drop them a line.

nine_dragons.jpg

Some detail about the contest-winning set and inspiration can be found in Woody's post in the voting thread.

Here's a picture of the dealer button alongside chip stacks; it's a big button. The middle circle is the size of a chip.

20150528_112153-jpg.12167

Cost will be seventy cents per chip, plus shipping & packaging/reshipping.
Dealer buttons also available at $3 per.

I'll collect the cost of the chips up front, and later will collect appropriate packaging/shipping. I'll add your share of the initial shipping cost (from GOCC to me) at that time. I'm willing to handle international shipping if you're willing to do the necessary paperwork for me.

FINAL ORDER:

upload_2015-9-14_15-48-23.png

NOTES: we are not including any cash set chips in this group buy, because we're not hitting the per-denom minimums. Tourney chip samples sets are still available, and the T25 and T100 chips will be produced - they are being pooled with another order which is in process.

There is no stated minimum on Dealer Buttons, and if you want to buy a small cash set with at least 50 per denom, you can still get in on our group buy until tomorrow morning.

You can post here to discuss and express interest. PM for shipping address / payment info.

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-4_20-39-52.png
    upload_2015-9-4_20-39-52.png
    7 KB · Views: 230
  • upload_2015-9-4_20-54-23.png
    upload_2015-9-4_20-54-23.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 192
  • upload_2015-9-5_12-7-8.png
    upload_2015-9-5_12-7-8.png
    8 KB · Views: 221
  • upload_2015-9-6_10-51-23.png
    upload_2015-9-6_10-51-23.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 139
  • upload_2015-9-6_11-12-53.png
    upload_2015-9-6_11-12-53.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 161
  • upload_2015-9-6_18-17-8.png
    upload_2015-9-6_18-17-8.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 154
  • upload_2015-9-7_12-33-25.png
    upload_2015-9-7_12-33-25.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 160
  • upload_2015-9-8_10-34-37.png
    upload_2015-9-8_10-34-37.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 199
  • upload_2015-9-10_16-41-2.png
    upload_2015-9-10_16-41-2.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
p5woody and texasrambler have small cash sets. You'd be the first serious cash set. Do you have a sample set?

I keep thinking about doing a cash set, because I really like the fracs.

The neon quarter ranks right up there as one of my favorite chips ever, clay/ceramic/what-have-you -- it's pure bright pink gold. I've actually consider buying a half-dozen racks or so just to use in a micro-stakes limit pink chip game. Every single chip in this set (including the awesome dealer button) looks incredibly better in person than in pics.

if i wanted to order a 300 set could i do that through this gb?

sorry, got my answer

should have read a little first. duh

Last edited:
You're more than welcome to join in. If we do hit some sort of volume price break (not expected) you'll share in the windfall.

But at 300 pieces, you can also order direct, and won't have to pay for re-shipping Entirely up to you.

thats what i got from reading the nd thread. sorry for wasting ur time

OP updated with latest participant list. Waiting on shipping addy / payment from a couple of people, but no rush.

Happy holidays, to the US folks!

I have some bad news. I just got an email from Erica at GOCC; she has just been told that they do not have any existing stock and will not run any batches under 50 pieces. This means that as things stand, the following items, in red, are not going to be produced:

upload_2015-9-10_15-53-47.png

You'll notice that the T25 and the T100 will be produced. That is because phaze12 has a separate order in for a 300 piece set whcih includes plenty of T25 and T100 for a production run. He placd his 22 pieces of T500 in our group buy because they wouldn't take his order for 22 pieces.

Several people are affected by the lack of T25K chips - the Gold Dragons. In the interest of making the group buy happen for pltrgyst, I'm willing to expand my order. I'm expanding a ten-player T50k Turbo set into a T100k Turbo set with the T5K chips, but I can make this into a regular Tourney set by adding a few Gold Dragons for running off the small chips, and then some more Gold Dragons for rebuys. I'm willing to go as high as 44 Gold dragons. (4 for the runoff, 40 for enough rebuys to double the entries.) I don't really want to go higher than that, and it meets our needs.

@pltrgyst, would you go to six or more Gold Dragons to make up some of the difference to get us to 50? If so, I'll only add as many Gold Dragons to my order as necessary to hit 50. You'd need to add at least one, assuming MaxB and 12thMan drop.

Also,
@MaxB and @12thMan- do you still want a tourney sample set (T25 through T25k), even though we can't get you a cash sample set? If not, let me know - MaxB, I'll refund your money. 12thMan, you haven't paid yet, so if you still want a set, pay my half the listed amount.

@Mental Nomad , if it is not a big deal, and if doesn't affect anything else with the order, I wouldn't mind canceling my order. Another member who bought some of these chips originally sent me an email saying he has a sample set for me as a than you for something I did for him if I wanted it... I apologize for not paying yet, I am such a procrastinator it's pathetic, I was going to shoot you a message wondering if I still had time to pay today when you tagged me in the post.

Thanks mental!

If the 25k chips are going to be produced, then I'll still take the tourney sample set. If the 25k does not get made, then I'll take a single 1000 orange chip as a cool card holder.

Thanks!

OK, @12thMan , I'll strike your info. No payment needed.

@MaxB , we're good on the T25k. My 44, pltrygyst's 5, and your 1 put us at 50. I'll take the reshipping/shipping out of your excess payment, and will let you know if there's a difference to settle up later.

@pltrgyst , let me know if you want to add to your stock of T25k. I'm happy to reduce my count, since I don't actually run tourneys besides the rare Turbo.

@pltrgyst, would you go to six or more Gold Dragons to make up some of the difference to get us to 50? If so, I'll only add as many Gold Dragons to my order as necessary to hit 50. You'd need to add at least one, assuming MaxB and 12thMan drop.

Sure. Whatever it takes to make it happen.

How do you feel about taking 25 chips? MaxB gets one, and I take 24.

I like a multiple of 4 - first four will run off the T500 and T1000, and then the next 20 give me five rebuys, even if I have a full table of ten players (which is rare - we usually play Turbos when we're short-handed for cash games.)

Those look marvellous, like Dave said, even better in person. Already have a sample set. You all know whoshippedittomeeasasurprise [emoji4] .

@MaxB - if you want a full sample set, I'm happy to forward your money to Tommy or refund it to you - contact him for a shipped price.

@pltrgyst - please pick a number, 22, 26, or 30, leaving me with 28, 24, or 20.
Note: 35 makes your set an even 200 pieces. I can deal with taking 15, just fine - I can always use the Gold Dragon from my sample set to make it 16 in a pinch.

(I actually have two sample sets, but one is reserved for the first winner of a Nine-Player Nine Dragons Turbo.)

@MaxB - if you want a full sample set, I'm happy to forward your money to Tommy or refund it to you - contact him for a shipped price.

@pltrgyst - please pick a number, 22, 26, or 30, leaving me with 28, 24, or 20.
Note: 35 makes your set an even 200 pieces. I can deal with taking 15, just fine - I can always use the Gold Dragon from my sample set to make it 16 in a pinch.

(I actually have two sample sets, but one is reserved for the first winner of a Nine-Player Nine Dragons Turbo.)

26 is in the middle, but any number is fine.

if you want i'll take either 10 or 20 of the t25k's so everyone can get what they want.

26 is in the middle, but any number is fine.

Actually, I don't really want or need any of them... so we're divvying up the excess 45, about 22 each. I'm just making excuses for, well, moar chips (and trying to help you out. But, moar chips.)

if you want i'll take either 10 or 20 of the t25k's so everyone can get what they want.

Thanks for the offer. How would you feel if we each took 15 of the excess 45?

So 15 for you, 15 for me, and 20 for pltrgyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom