Wanted Looking for a BEGINNER set. My head is spinning reading these forums. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like they're textured, so there's some value in that? Could also be old and paper inlays which would be a bitch to murder anyways.
True. I suppose the best use for these would be as undenominated fracs for a cash game. I love orange quarters. They are certainly interesting as is.

No idea when/how those were made, although I suspect they are leaded (so 1978-ish to 1998-ish). Some look like paper inlays, others almost look like centered clay inserts. Don't appear to be stamped or printed.

@gmunny
Oh I have these in my possession. Picked them up a few days ago.

And they aren't labels, they are stamped right on there. Not sure how they were made.

View attachment 1261086

These are sweet! I don't recall ever seeing a Paulson-made die-cut chip. They could have, just never seen one. My guess is it would be too labor intensive to make, which means it probably an inlay. Only way to really find out is to murder one. I agree with Dave, older paulson (pre-GPI), also probably made as generic roulette chips. The H&C is a short cane, so earliest would be late 1970s. Good luck!

You could buy a rack of chips you like (e.g. the yellow $1ks) and a rack of 25c and put the 25c labels on the $1k chips.
So I briefly thought about this and I didn't know of a good way to do it. I wasn't aware of any place that I could get the official $0.25 labels since I would want an exact match.

I did end up ordering the pink 25 cent chips. They arrive today in the mail so I'll see how they look in a large quantity.

If you know where I could get the labels or if Apache sells them, that would be great

Pu
So I briefly thought about this and I didn't know of a good way to do it. I wasn't aware of any place that I could get the official $0.25 labels since I would want an exact match.

I did end up ordering the pink 25 cent chips. They arrive today in the mail so I'll see how they look in a large quantity.

If you know where I could get the labels or if Apache sells them, that would be great
Pull the labels off the pinks and put those same labels on the yellows. I tried this with a sample set and the sticker adhesive seems strong enough.

Well, the budget might be bumped up if I'm looking at 2 sets. I just can't justify $1,000 for a single set (right now) but could potentially for 2 sets (and/or 1200 chips, etc - but I thought it was recommended to have a different tourney set and not just higher denoms of the same set.)

So initially was thinking of a cash set of Dunes, or Taj, or Pharaohs and then maybe a tourney of Apache Royals or Empires.

We'll see how the samples shake out.

SIDE NOTE - I just found these THCs a week ago locally. Seem to be vintage. Would possibly be interested in selling or trading or something. Probably wouldn't be good to murder these?

I found some info on them here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/identify-please…are-these-paranoids.79902/

View attachment 1261077 View attachment 1261078
I would trade you a rack of THC hot stamped fracs for these. That way you have fracs and these don’t get lost in some way. I wouldn’t say they are valuable but they are unique and they do cross two very different parts of this hobby.

One of us!!! One of us!!!! This is going to be great!!! Don't worry about a thing. :cool:LOL: :laugh::wtf:

1000001315.jpg

1000001316.jpg

1000001317.jpg

Another great vintage set. Yes, the breakout is less than ideal. But the older ASM (I think) chips can play well together, so you could add on with a different mold if you can't fond more of these. The colors and 312 spot pattern are very common from this era. You really only need a rack of non-denominated solids for a frac and another rack of $1s. The rack of $10s can make up for the shortage of $5s.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/500-chip-tri-club-md32-set-case.115518/

1707343217808.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom