ASM chips, age is beauty. (1 Viewer)

BPTDirector

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
It has often been discussed, the brass flakes present in ASM/CPC chips. Some have even abstained from purchasing sets because of this. I would state that after 14 years, those brass flakes have faded and are very hard to find in most colors. Only yellow, a long time black sheep among ASM designers, and original white, show some brass flake presence. Green, black, purple, red, chocolate, and orange show no apparent brass unless inspected very, very closely.

So if that’s what’s stopping you from getting the only, 100%, custom compressed clay chips, worry not. Write the check and get on the CPC wagon.

Here’s a photo - can you see the flakes??
To be honest, they were very easily spotted flakes in all chips when new. But they wear like iron so are still in like new condition.

623E8E62-4C6D-4FC7-BB7B-CBF78A79AFE6.jpeg

I imagine I could bring them back with a little polish but was just pointing out that it should not be a stopping point on getting a set. I’ve loved mine since day 1, flakes and now hidden flakes of sorts.

Chipper:
Why do you guys all hate the flakes? Please, please go send CPC thousands and thousands of dollars without worrying, those flakes will go away!

All Other Chippers:
Ummm....we like flakes, they're beautiful, add texture, I don't think people dislike them?

Chipper:
Guys! Just kidding, if you like flakes still go send your money don't worry, you can probably bring back the flakes with just a simple polish!

There have been posts that discussed the brass as a deterrent, I have a pretty good memory of things. Whatever …. Excuse me.

The brass flakes (I call it gold dust) are much more noticeable on my hourglass set vs. my horsehead set (particularly on the black). I like the flakes as well.

Attachments

• ASM Horsehead Donkeys Cash all.jpeg
    ASM Horsehead Donkeys Cash all.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 76
  • ASM Hourglass Classic Poker Chip Co 1000.jpeg
    ASM Hourglass Classic Poker Chip Co 1000.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 76
It has often been discussed, the brass flakes present in ASM/CPC chips. Some have even abstained from purchasing sets because of this. I would state that after 14 years, those brass flakes have faded and are very hard to find in most colors. Only yellow, a long time black sheep among ASM designers, and original white, show some brass flake presence. Green, black, purple, red, chocolate, and orange show no apparent brass unless inspected very, very closely.

So if that’s what’s stopping you from getting the only, 100%, custom compressed clay chips, worry not. Write the check and get on the CPC wagon.

Here’s a photo - can you see the flakes??
To be honest, they were very easily spotted flakes in all chips when new. But they wear like iron so are still in like new condition.

View attachment 1163034

Wow... the edges on H-mold look really sharp!

Sort of makes me want to get a set on that mold.

What are these cards?!!?!?! @Darren 555 - can we get a better pic of the box and backs?

ASM Hourglass Classic Poker Chip Co 1000.jpeg

What are these cards?!!?!?! @Darren 555 - can we get a better pic of the box and backs?

View attachment 1259981
Those are Wounded Warrior project cards that I picked up at Walgreens I think some years ago. I’m retired from the Army and was in Afghanistan 07 to 08. So they are probably from around 2009. You can probably still get some though. I’ll try to post a pic later

Those are Wounded Warrior project cards that I picked up at Walgreens I think some years ago. I’m retired from the Army and was in Afghanistan 07 to 08. So they are probably from around 2009. You can probably still get some though. I’ll try to post a pic later

Attachments

• WWP Cards front.jpeg
    WWP Cards front.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 12
  • WWP Cards back.jpeg
    WWP Cards back.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 11

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom