Aristo Club....looking for opinion on durbility and other features (1 Viewer)

surfik

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Need some poker size cards.
I have my Trefls but may need some with borders.
Never played with Aristo and have oportunity to combine shipping from Matsui.
Someone can share opinion?

Pic courtessy of @Bacon Dad

aristo.jpeg

Need some poker size cards.
I have my Trefls but may need some with borders.
Never played with Aristo and have oportunity to combine shipping from Matsui.
Someone can share opinion?

Pic courtessy of @Bacon Dad

View attachment 1277386
Hi Surfik, how many decks of the cards were you required to get?

Saw in another thread that matsui required the decks to be bought in an order for 144 decks per color?

Hi Surfik, how many decks of the cards were you required to get?

Saw in another thread that matsui required the decks to be bought in an order for 144 decks per color?
That's about right

I also agree with the review posted. My only wish is that I had a red deck instead of orange. Our players have a vocal preference for the lighter red, and having different coloured red cards in a two deck game was off-putting enough that I pulled them from the normal rotation. If I could get a red/blue combination, they'd be on the short list to purchase. I'd rank them under Fournier for look and feel (the spades are more rounded on the Angels), but they are nice to use. I can't comment on durability, as they will likely see little playing time.

And I also miss Dix.

I think they’re great. But when I used them to play cards with my kids, I noticed that they were nearly impossible to shuffle as seen below - they were super slippery and ended up all over the place. I think it has something to do with them having different finishes on the fronts and backs, because I haven’t noticed this with many of my other plastic cards.
They’re fine if you do a proper poker dealer’s shuffle. But don’t try shuffling them life this:
IMG_9531.gif

Last edited:
Jus got my deck and put them into play last night.

My short review of these cards are that they look great. The back of the cards are possibly the nicest looking in my small collection. They have great flex and feel luxurious.

HOWEVER

They are super slippery, I had to consciously expand strength to grip the cards to prevent them from slipping between the top and bottom cards.
When being shuffled by the other players, the cards regularly splilled onto the table during shuffles.

It came to a point where the players requested for the cards to be changed back to Desjgn or FS cards instead.

I had high expectations for these cards, but they do not live up to the hype.
Much prefer my Desjgn cards!

Jus got my deck and put them into play last night.

My short review of these cards are that they look great. The back of the cards are possibly the nicest looking in my small collection. They have great flex and feel luxurious.

HOWEVER

They are super slippery, I had to consciously expand strength to grip the cards to prevent them from slipping between the top and bottom cards.
When being shuffled by the other players, the cards regularly splilled onto the table during shuffles.

It came to a point where the players requested for the cards to be changed back to Desjgn or FS cards instead.

I had high expectations for these cards, but they do not live up to the hype.
Much prefer my Desjgn cards!
They are a true croupiers card and ideal for professional dealing in poker and blackjack. Not so great for the more casual player who doesn't carry out a standard croupiers shuffle of low and tight riffles on a synthetic playing surface, they are fantastic for European underhand dealing as they glide along the playing surface with ease and precision

As a croupier they are fantastic for working with on a long shift - but not so great if your passing the deal or your dealer can't shuffle the deck professionally (that's not intended as an insult to the casual deck shuffler/player)

I bought 2 cases (288 decks) just so I could have setups for my game.

These are my one of my favorite cards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom