Acrylic racks for Paulson chips (1 Viewer)

khg_rap

Waiting List
Reaction score
I'm looking for a few racks to hold my newly acquired Paulson chips. Homepokertourney suggests 66.7mm. Two questions: 1) Is there any reason why I should look for another size or is 66.7mm optimal, and 2) can anyone recommend a good source for said racks? I only need 3. Thanks!

Chips are varying thicknesses (and some slightly different diameters)...

China Clays and Dice Chips and Paulsons all have different thicknesses. You might be able to fit 21 or 22 Paulson chips into a china clay rack... Used Paulsons are often even thinner. I have a set of Paulsons that fits 21 chips into a 66.7 rack barrel. I have to use a spacer to keep them snug.

Using a rack that allows your chips to fit loosely in the racks is a recipe for disaster (when we're talking about nice chips). In general, any time clay chips move in the racks, there's potential for chipping or damage.... especially when you're talking about stacking racks on top of each other. You want your chips nice and snug (not tight) in the racks to keep them stable.

Jim at The Chip Room, Josh at Apache, and Joe at Palm Gaming (all site sponsors and all sell 66.7 racks). Can't go wrong with either of these vendors.

For Paulsons you do want 66.7 mm racks. For minty fresh Paulsons, it's a perfect fit, but as chips wear down there will be a little wiggle room. Very worn Paulsons may fit 21 chips to a barrel. FWIW, this size also works well for BCC chips and for some CPC chips. Most CPC chips require 67.7 mm racks.

Some vendors advertise racks "made for Paulson chips" without specifying the size. With so many options for racks where the size is known, I wouldn't take a chance on the generic chips.

Jim at The Chip Room, Josh at Apache, and Joe at Palm Gaming (all site sponsors and all sell 66.7 racks). Can't go wrong with either of these vendors.

Just wondering if any of you guys measured those racks advertised as 66.7 by PGI... From the pictures those don't seem to be PGI Chipcos (Chipcos are more like 67.6) Some racks advertised as 66.7 are in fact 67.7 per my measurements... The only racks I actually found to be 66.7 are the real Paulsons and some old ones that look exactly like Paulsons but don't have the brand notched on the rack...

I'm always looking for true 66.7 so if any of guys guys can confirm the PGIs with a caliper, I'll be buying a bunch...

Just wondering if any of you guys measured those racks advertised as 66.7 by PGI... From the pictures those don't seem to be PGI Chipcos (Chipcos are more like 67.6) Some racks advertised as 66.7 are in fact 67.7 per my measurements... The only racks I actually found to be 66.7 are the real Paulsons and some old ones that look exactly like Paulsons but don't have the brand notched on the rack...

I'm always looking for true 66.7 so if any of guys guys can confirm the PGIs with a caliper, I'll be buying a bunch...
This has been my findings as well. I have PGIs "Chipco" racks and they are not 66.7. I do have some racks that are stamped 66.7 and they are real close, they measure about 66.9.
I can understand GPI not selling chips to the home market, but for the life of me I can not comprehend why they won't sell Josh(Apache) these racks.

This has been my findings as well. I have PGIs "Chipco" racks and they are not 66.7. I do have some racks that are stamped 66.7 and they are real close, they measure about 66.9.
I can understand GPI not selling chips to the home market, but for the life of me I can not comprehend why they won't sell Josh(Apache) these racks.

Good point for sure!!

And you're right, I forgot about those racks marked 66.7... They are indeed pretty close to Paulsons... Not easy to find them but they are certainly an option... Last time I was at Spinettis I snagged all Paulsons and 66.7 racks they had available at the time...

I have 12 Paul-Son Chip 24010 racks free, if someone trades them for 67.7 racks, or similar, which takes CPC MD-50 chips in.
Been lazy and have not yet googled racks for my CC's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom