2L or 6L ultrasonic cleaner (1 Viewer)

JayBob

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Looking into a Vevor ultrasonic cleaner. Am I going to lose my mind after buying the cheaper 2L one? As in, am I gonna spend 2 hrs cleaning 600 chips?
Any words of wisdom appreciated. Thanks!

6L. At least you can easily do 40 chips at a time. You may find you are making more splashy messes with a 2L.

Wear gloves and eye protection, because the chemical detergents are strong.

6L. At least you can easily do 40 chips at a time. You may find you are making more splashy messes with a 2L.

Wear gloves and eye protection, because the chemical detergents are strong.
Is water not gonna be enough? Also, would the use of chemicals too often actually be bad for the chips?

I have the big one, I think 6 , and what I will say is the water takes forever to heat up on that size. I usually microwave the water and add it. Other than that issue, The larger size works fine for me

I'm into my 4.5l for under $100, including phosphate/etc. I tried cleaning some chips by hand. And then I did some in the ultrasonic. Absolutely 1000% worth the $79 for the ultrasonic cleaner, and it can also be used for other items (I also have pew-pews and automotive stuff). When you can clean a barrel or two of chips in a matter of a minute - you'll be glad you got one.

I have the Venmo 6L and it works great. The basket can handle up to 300 chips but does the best job on single barrels if really dirty. I only use tap water at 38 Celsius, dish soap and course salt as my cleaning mix, no gloves required, and non-toxic.

A smaller size unit is less versatile for multi use.

If you have time - do some research. Buying an ultrasonic cleaner is no different than anything else. Facts and figures get muddled, fudged, and so forth. That is what led me to buy the unit I bought.

Take a look at the dimensions provided for two brands. One is the Vevor, and the other is the Miitech. One boasts a 6l capacity, the other 4.5l.

4.5l.JPGvevor.jpg

If you look at the published specs, you'd say "dang, those look almost identical". Meaning some fudging is going on somewhere.

Look at the other options;
Advantage Vevor =
- easy to get, available on their website for under $120 shipped to your home
- integrated drain so you don't have to tip it to empty it

Advantage Miitech =
- 3 transducers (compared to Vevor only having 2)
- when available, priced about 1/3 less than Vevor, also delivered to your home
- no issue 30 day return to amazon (if purchased from amazon)

And as previously posted by others here, I would not get anything smaller - takes about the same amount of time to get whichever size set up, might as well get something that can also be used for other larger (or more quantity) items.

I ordered the 2L at first and immediately knew it was waaay too small. Returned it for a 6L and never looked back.

No question, 6L. You will use it for other stuff besides chips once you have it.

As for taking too long to heat the water - start with hot water. I’ve never had an issue doing that.

I’ve also used Dawn dish liquid in the US to clean non chip items such as RC nitro motors, carbs, diffs, etc. it works great.
0CD1C5D8-2F1B-456E-B5B0-ED70F225C588.jpeg

9385A6DB-1837-4E52-AF51-2844990F85FD.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered the 2L at first and immediately knew it was waaay too small. Returned it for a 6L and never looked back.

No question, 6L. You will use it for other stuff besides chips once you have it.

As for taking too long to heat the water - start with hot water. I’ve never had an issue doing that.

I’ve also used Dawn dish liquid in the US to clean non chip items such as RC nitro motors, carbs, diffs, etc. it works great.
View attachment 1078748

View attachment 1078749

How long did you run those metal parts for?

just want to thank you all for making me think i need one more thing. This is the last thing i swear.

I bought a 30liter but im just fun like that.

30 liter! I wouldn't be able to fit that in my apartment!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom