Zombie Covid Pandemic Oct 9-10th

toynoob

Full House
Reaction score
Ok guys I am ready to host a mini meetup this year. I had so much fun last year, I wanted to offer a fun weekend to fellow PCFers. Note this will not be at my house. The VFW I am part of is letting us come for both days no charge. We can bring our own alcohol but it would be nice if we also bought some of theirs since they are being so gracious to let us in.

Address: VFW Post 8736 435 McGill St Sunbury Ohio
Hampton and Holiday Inn west of Sunbury are close to the VFW. If you are staying with me in the safe house we are 25 minutes to the VFW.

This is the 2nd annual Zombie Tournament. Rules and the gist of what I created last year can be found here. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/toynoobs-zombie-octoberfest-thread.48649/

I want to double the entrants this year to around 40 players. So I am hoping opening this up to PCF we can make that happen.

SAFE HOUSE FROM ZOMBIES:
@toynoob (master bdrm)
@Ben8257 @FordPickup92 (Queen bdrm)
(Twin bunkbeds bdrm)
(Couch)
(Air mattress living room)
(Tent outside amongst the zombies)
@Beakertwang (Floor for 5 of your own air mattresses)

Poker Soldiers to Slay Zombies:
@toynoob
@Louisiana hold em
@Ben8257 (CDI main event set)
@FordPickup92
@Beakertwang
@Marhault
@trever

Maybe Soldiers Pending:
@Psypher1000
@Rhodeman77
@Hornet
@Lil Tuna

Friday 10-9-20 - Scouting day:

-Afternoon DC cash games stakes and time TBD
-5:00 food TBD (probably Fire House Tavern close to the V)
-6:30 small $20 progressive bounty tournament (if there is interest)
-During and after tournament cash tables will be available.

Saturday 10-10-20 - Main Event
-AM will be a table with @detroitdad and myself heads up if anyone wants to join
-12:00 catered by the VFW (give ideas for food)
-1:30 purchase your ammo (CDIs Ben and Brie are gracious enough to let us use.)
-This will be a deepstack tournament that I expect to take 6-7 hours. $50 buy in with $20 rebuys.
-Catered 5:00 dinner break pulled pork
-Cash game tables soon as a table is available.
-Locals will be used to fill in

I am sure I am missing a bunch of stuff, I've never been to a meetup and have never hosted anything this large. If you have ideas for games, or just anyway to improve this weekend please message me. I'm very open to criticism!

Tagging buckeyes: @Sprinsd @skylines @JFCJ @JEDIH8R
@TheSourPatchKid

Last edited:

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Address of the VFW

Local Hotels that are reputable and near by

Possible for both days
Yaassss please come I wanted to do an over under for if you would attend or not, I said Bill would be strong maybe, especially if he's itching for a game! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always..........but we have them almost everyone weekend in MI. I am itching for a meet up.

@toynoob cash games going to be dealers choice?
We talked about that, locals are not keen to carnival games so we plan to have table for dealers choice and a table for hold em. (Or multiple tables pending attendance count) We're hoping to get some interest from the locals with a micro stakes set and see if anyone is interested in learning

Beakertwang

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to it! I can bring an air mattress.

Also, I’m good for a bottle of bourbon and some beer. That’s way more than I’ll drink in a weekend. :)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Saturday 10-10-20 - Main Event

-12:00 catered by the VFW (give ideas for food)
-1:30 purchase your ammo (CDIs Ben and Brie are gracious enough to let us use.)
-This will be a deepstack tournament that I expect to take 6-7 hours. $50 buy in with $20 rebuys.
-Catered 5:00 dinner break pulled pork
-Cash game tables soon as a table is available.
-Locals will be used to fill in

How about a pre tourney cash game? I'll be ready to gamble by 10 am.

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always..........but we have them almost everyone weekend in MI. I am itching for a meet up.

@toynoob cash games going to be dealers choice?
We talked about that, locals are not keen to carnival games so we plan to have table for dealers choice and a table for hold em. (Or multiple tables pending attendance count) We're hoping to get some interest from the locals with a micro stakes set and see if anyone is interested in learning
Oh Bill's super stoked. There's a table where he can play hold em AND a table where he can learn to play Scarney. It's the free app version, Meetup Lite :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'd try to go just to meet folks if we were in Indy. Very cool to have the whole VFW to yourselves!

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
If there is interest in a limit game. I can bring enough ones to play 3/6 for a 7 player table. That is also a great way to learn fucked up games. It plays smaller than a .25/.50 cash game imo.

toynoob

Full House
Reaction score
I'll wait on committing until I can price out some hotels "AND" too make sure there will be dealers choice tables. I don't think I'm physically capable of attending a meet NLHE meet up lol.
Bill I'm hoping there is enough PCFers to come so we can do that. My locals will not let me host anything but NLHE so we can't count on any warm bodies there. So to answer your question "yes" if we get people. I personally don't care for limit but wouldn't mind lowering stakes to 25/25 NL

toynoob

Full House
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to it! I can bring an air mattress.

Also, I’m good for a bottle of bourbon and some beer. That’s way more than I’ll drink in a weekend. :)
Putting you in safe house now

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know too if you want to plan breakfast type deals out or at the house and if you want us to pitch in for anything. I'm really uncontrollably excited I dont think this is normal lol

Beakertwang

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know too if you want to plan breakfast type deals out or at the house and if you want us to pitch in for anything. I'm really uncontrollably excited I dont think this is normal lol
I could bring some sort of egg casserole that could be microwaved for breakfast.

Psypher1000

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interested, pending my client schedule and the virus situation in AZ. I can't in good conscience travel out of state as long as we're a hot zone, but we're actually trending downward for the past three weeks so maybe by september I can book a trip. Fingers crossed...

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interested, pending my client schedule and the virus situation in AZ. I can't in good conscience travel out of state as long as we're a hot zone, but we're actually trending downward for the past three weeks so maybe by september I can book a trip. Fingers crossed...
Hope things continue on the downward swing! Would be awesome if you could make it!
My wife and you can cook breakfast, we have 20 chickens and a garden so breakfast will happen
Hmm. Deal :) are we eating the chickens or the eggs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: jk

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
This meet up is intriguing for me. Its drive able. I will only have to take one day of vacation. The risk of playing NLHE for two straight days scares the shit out of me. List me as pending that there is a DC table lol.

If I make it out. I'll also donate a bottle of bourbon to the shenanigans.

The Wyndam looks to be 7

Too make my research easier. Want to list some hotels that are close by. My goal is under 100 per night.

toynoob

Full House
Reaction score
Hope things continue on the downward swing! Would be awesome if you could make it!

Hmm. Deal :) are we eating the chickens or the eggs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: jk
I raise both, 10 chickens in the freezer and 20 egg layers, all there for you MAM !
EDIT I DIDNT SEE YOU BRIE I THOUGHT THIS WAS BILLS POST! ROFL SIR

toynoob

Full House
Reaction score
This meet up is intriguing for me. Its drive able. I will only have to take one day of vacation. The risk of playing NLHE for two straight days scares the shit out of me. List me as pending that there is a DC table lol.

If I make it out. I'll also donate a bottle of bourbon to the shenanigans.

The Wyndam looks to be 7

Too make my research easier. Want to list some hotels that are close by. My goal is under 100 per night.
Yes I posted 2, not sure if you seen that edit. Holiday and Hampton inn less than 10 minutes away

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I raise both, 10 chickens in the freezer and 20 egg layers, all there for you MAM !
EDIT I DIDNT SEE YOU BRIE I THOUGHT THIS WAS BILLS POST! ROFL SIR
I almost yelled... but then I was like meh, I'm used to it now lol

Top Bottom