Zombie 100

Ben8257

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang I totally forgot this was happening! Would have loved to drove down for this one!! Hope everything is fabulous!! Congratulations @Poker Zombie and @Mrs Poker Zombie on hosting 100 events, and for keeping track of them!! Some day I promise we will make the trip!! I miss Tennessee anyways!!

Your chippin buddy Ben

Ben8257

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear how this event went!! Was definitely expecting some live updates... but then again I never use my phone at the table so I understand completely!!

Most not have been many chippers in attendance or they would have been blowing this thread up!! Lol

Crossing my fingers that @Mrs Poker Zombie took this tourney down and kept the Zombie 100 trophy in the Zombie residence forever!!

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
@TexRex and others asked for a report, so here goes...

Planning for the 100th Zombie Poker Club event started in November 2019. Remember those days? Hugs and handshakes from friends, no masks, throwing a jellybean across the table to see if your friend can catch it in their mouth, then they throw a lump of mashed potatoes to see if you can catch it in your mouth?

Yeah, those days were forever ago.

The 100th event was due to fall on our end of the year event, the Zombie Poker Classic. We voted to make our regular $20 tournament ($30 for the Classic) a $50 tournament for the 100th. $100 per couple. We had a theme.
1606146860471.png

Not to be confused with the NFL's 100th season logo. Their "100" was much smaller, and didn't feature a zombie.
1606146955537.png

That was so 2019. :rolleyes:

We don't play as frequently as many other regular groups. My odd workshifts mean I only see a weekend every 3 weeks. Half of them are dedicated to time with Mrs Zombie, so that leaves us with a game roughly every 6 weeks. When the COVID lockdowns hit, we had to postpone a lot of games. I was still optimistic, and ordered the bracelet in May. I usually wait until September to order the bracelet, in case I choke on flying potatoes. But this year I was just too excited, and I ordered it in May. So the bracelet was there all year, taunting me.

When the lockdowns eased, we went back to playing. Masks, longer breaks for extended hand washing, no grab by the handful snacks. We had to play every 3 weeks to make up the lost games, but we got there. The last game of the year would be #100.

I had the chips out a week before the game.
1606144702623.png

Dinner was the most fantastic Prime Rib I've ever had. We were able to get USDA prime instead of choice, and the difference was amazing. The first slice was gone before it hit the cutting board.
1606147235987.png

During the year one of our players divorced, and decided to move go back home to Phoenix. She flew back to Nashville just for the Zombie Poker Classic 100th. We also ran a 2 week long Zombie Poker-Dinner Club Trivia contest on Facebook, leading up to the event. Our long-haul friend won the contest, and a card capper. She wore the capper with pride.
1606148140126.png

I started at a killer's table. 3-time Player of the year @Ben, at my table, along with one of the most consistent "In the Money" finishers, and a man that calculates odds like a computer. I watched my chips deplete as I was outplayed. I also had some bad reads that were costly. Not bad reads of my opponents, but of my own hands. I'm terrible sometimes.

Back in the main room, a player fell into a trap that cost him his stack, getting knocked out in the first 30 minutes of the freezeout tournament. This made me feel good, as that set a new record for the earliest knockout at the Zombie Poker Classic. The previous record was set by me - a record I was happy to see broken.

Mrs Zombie ran hot as we went from 3 tables to 2 tables. Crippling a couple of players, then knocking out a Husband-Wife pair in a single hand. You know what they say, "Couples that jam together stay together - at the cash table."

Mrs Zombie's luck supplied by the Bunny de los Muertos!
1606150175057.png

I made it to the final table, but the blinds were starting to swallow me whole. I went out on the bubble, tying the record for the most bubbles. Not a record I wanted to make, but there you go.

Our Phoenix friend was the next to go. She was the only one that bought in with a $50 bill. 5th got their money back, so she got the bill back.
1606150602961.png

I'm starting to wonder why her head is so sticky.

4th and 3rd went to female players. Mrs Zombie made it to heads-up, but was grossly out-stacked. It was a valiant effort, but she finished #2. Women took 5th-2nd places. I need to start listening in on the Ladies Night strategy discussions.

The winner and 4th place are married, so it's ok for them to be unmasked together.
1606150959434.png

I got to bed around 3am, so a great night, but on Sunday I was :dead:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom