• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Mine Yup, he's at it again... Multiple eBay listings for Isle & Lady Luck (at break-even starting prices) (1 Viewer)

Have I fallen into some type of trap here?

Just a dOOd trying to find a nice 400-600 pieces to play some poker with lol ... why is this so damn hard? :banghead:

drama_alert.png

Why not post some here?

Honest answer: I’ve been assailed by the members of this group repeatedly for “over charging”...

As tho I’m putting a gun to anybody’s head and stealing from them...

Reality is, if the buyer agrees to a price, that’s the market value of the item...

Additionally, I object to sales forums that allow members to post replies / criticism...

So, I’ll stick to eBay...

Then shut up and move on. I don’t care about you, nor your taking greatly priced chips specific for the users of this site, your chips do what you want. (FWIW we’ve now had several users, maybe 5, try to auction off recent chip room sales for maximum profit)

But stop making threads telling people about over priced chips, bitching when people (in most eyes) rightfully complain, and then asking mods to erase the thread. Just to make more threads and do it all over. Makes you look even shittier, makes me and those that reply look shitty, just all around shitty. I would assume it to be either ignorance or some form of attention whoring at this stage.

Good luck at your auction. Can we just have mods close this now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest answer: I’ve been assailed by the members of this group repeatedly for “over charging”...

Reality is, if the buyer agrees to a price, that’s the market value of the item...

Additionally, I object to sales forums that allow members to post replies / criticism...

Sounds reasonable to me. Might just toss out that there are likely a decent chunk of Members like myself, who ended up on a forum like this, to try and avoid the shadiness of eBay.

GLWA as they say.

Then shut up and move on. I don’t care about you, nor your taking greatly priced chips specific for the users of this site, your chips do what you want. (FWIW we’ve now had several users, maybe 5, try to auction off recent chip room sales for maximum profit)

But stop making threads telling people about over priced chips, bitching when people (in most eyes) rightfully complain, and then asking mods to erase the thread. Just to make more threads and do it all over. Makes you look even shittier, makes me and those that reply look shitty, just all around shitty. I would assume it to be either ignorance or some form of attention whoring at this stage.

Good luck at your auction. Can we just have mods close this now?
Wasnt the other thread/provocation first?

Wait a minute here. There seems to be a double standard where some members of a NAGB have profited greatly by inflating the prices of the boat and BTP sets with no one saying a damn thing while this guy gets beat up? What the F???

Wait a minute here. There seems to be a double standard where some members of a NAGB have profited greatly by inflating the prices of the boat and BTP sets with no one saying a damn thing while this guy gets beat up? What the F???
Oh there’s definitely a double standard.
The only difference is that in the past, Jim has been vocal about not reselling his chips for profit and as a community, we’ve all sort of tried to respect that, hoping he wouldn’t raise prices or go to an all auction format.
I say in the past because I’ve seen several auctions of fracs from the past couple of sales, recently, which went off without much negative response. So I thought maybe I’d missed an “it’s okay to flip Jim’s chips now” memo.

Last edited:
No I just choose to not reply every time I want to call bullshit unlike others. This just seems like the same old same old. I can do this but god forbid you do that. You seem to want to reply every time I want to make a counterpoint to the status quo, have I pissed in your lemonade or something? I respect you as a member, and someone who has been around awhile but people do have differing opinions who have been left out of the select groups you have been included in.

Have you been living under a rock for the past few years?

All the OP has to do here to avoid the criticisms he cites is to place his PCF ad, stating he's selling by pm only, and then close the thread. Voila.

I didn’t know that was an option... how does one “close a thread”?

I agree with most of this...but you did literally ask for criticism in the OP.

At the risk of being derided, I’ll explain again what the common take is. They’re his property, he can sell for whatever he wants.

Now if you’re asking why the hostility or push back, it’s because there is no value add. People spend time, large amounts of upfront cash, have the connections, and ability to get a NAGB through. While someone may not agree with the resale for large profits, they in fact were able to create something that the community otherwise has absolutely 0 access to. You can debate how much, but there is value in there.

Example B is a community member, who bought chips from a large community sale, intended of course to make some money, but also get chips to those who want them at a super affordable price. In this case, the user even posted want ads, asking other members of the community to help him out. To scoop these up, and then attempt to flip for maximum profit on eBay (1) takes chips out of the community, (2) discourages vendors from offering awesome deals (they’re not here to make US money), (3) makes users more wary when helping out Chips Wanted posts, etc.

Should people respond negatively to his post? According to site rules no. But should people be so wildly confused as to the response and ask the same question as to why over and over? Probably not.

I made it to here, which wasn't easy since I had decided to chuck the greedy opportunist into ignore void after his third post in this thread.

If everyone had a chance to be in the NAGB group I could see your point however that is not what happened. When you don’t have the option to join all you get is the inflated prices.

Imo it doesnt even matter wether there is a double standard or not. I just have difficulties with the anger and even hate coming towards him and other members who do something somebody doesnt like. In a way which is in my oppinion only very bad taste or beyond. The other thread was opened first with the only intention to provoke. Then you bash this guy in a way that i think its not ok for openening this response thread...

I agree with most of this...but you did literally ask for criticism in the OP.

“Asking for criticism” and knowing the inevitable response of the audience are two different things...

I certainly didn’t force anyone to post replies... I didn’t put a gun to YOUR head, did I? And yet here you are

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom