Youtube Doug Polk (1 Viewer)

I can't stand him. I just gave him another try based on this thread.

NOPE.

I rarely go for schadenfreude, but he just posted a vid, turning 3k into like ten bucks... :confused:

He annoyed the hell out of me when he first came on the live scene, but eventually I realized that he's just a socially awkward guy and he means well and I enjoy his videos now. Plus I like that he's vocal about the Dwan bullshit and it's entertaining to watch him troll Negreanu.

Having a really dumb catchy theme song doesn't hurt either.

All that said, limon's nickname for him is pretty funny. Dog Puke.

I hate how he starts every video with "what's up guys? It's Doug Polk here!"

Yes Doug, we know who you are, it's in the title of the video and on your YouTube channel

Professional poker players pretty rarely also make good media personalities. Just two different things. That said I enjoy Polk most of the time. Nemnee is pretty good and I also like the Trooper a lot. They all have different angles to being a pro.

Last edited:
Haven't tried Polk, but I've heard he's the shit when it comes to poker instruction. His Upswing teaching website is pricey. Like $50/mo.

I've followed trooper, neeme, and Brad Owen, from their beginning. I've enjoyed each for various reasons. Sometimes trooper gets stale. Anyway, I'm going to check out Polk for myself.

I enjoy Andrew Neeme the most - thoughtful analysis from an intelligent nice guy. He sets a good example of moderating the highs and lows of poker.

Polk is interesting. A little on the spazzy, jerky boy side of things, but interesting.

I like the Trooper but I’ve just seen too much of him. All seems like the same schtick over and over after a while.

Polk is one of the best cash game players in the world, his channel is great, you can learn a tonne watching some of the vids

DP mostly inspires me for his production quality and targeted entertainment content.

Really does a nice job creating a brand image and tribal connection.

Joe ingramn is another good personality.

The split suit guys seem to have better vids on poker spots.

Every time I'm in a tough spot I always remember, "I like folding here, but sometimes you can call or raise." Polker is one of my favs, in my humble little featured channel box along with Andrew Neeme. Love those two!

and it's entertaining to watch him troll Negreanu.
This reminded me of a tweet Polk posted recently:
upload_2017-4-21_21-16-52.png

He annoyed the hell out of me when he first came on the live scene, but eventually I realized that he's just a socially awkward guy and he means well and I enjoy his videos now. Plus I like that he's vocal about the Dwan bullshit and it's entertaining to watch him troll Negreanu.

Having a really dumb catchy theme song doesn't hurt either.

All that said, limon's nickname for him is pretty funny. Dog Puke.

I love that he "outs" all the shady players too. Very entertaining.

What's up guys, it's Doug Polk here! Now sometimes in this spot you can fold, and sometimes you can call, but sometimes you should raise.

Some people would think he's just talking nonsense with stuff like this, but once you realize that approaching difficult spots this way is key to becoming a winning player, your wallet will thank you. (y) :thumbsup: This is essentially what John Nash won his nobel prize for - the Nash Equilibrium. There are numerous spots where the game theory optimal play is never to just call, raise, or fold, but rather to call x% of the time, raise y% of the time, and fold (100-x-y)% of the time. When I was playing full time, I used a watch with a second hand on it as a random number generator to mix up my play. As an example, if I was in a spot where I estimated folding to be the correct play 75% of the time, raising 25% of the time, and never calling, then I would look at the second hand on my watch, and if it was between 1-45 seconds, I would fold, if it was between 46-60 seconds, I would raise. Obviously you need to be discreet though. I don't recommend making a show of it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

What's up guys, it's Doug Polk here! Now sometimes in this spot you can fold, and sometimes you can call, but sometimes you should raise.
Yeah, but he gives you the thought processes and strategies behind each of those decisions, which are actually more important than the decisions themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom