Your Top SNES games? (1 Viewer)

I grew up with the NES but 2 friends and I pooled our money in HS and bought an SNES together. 90% of the time we were annihilating each other in Mortal Kombat. I also remember playing NBA Jam (I think that's the one where you could catch on fire?) and some Star Wars game sometimes.

I was just a button masher at MK and didn't know many combos. My favorite was to play Johnny Cage and punch people in the balls.

edit I answered for N64 and didn't play much SNES so don't really have a favorite :bag:
Mario Kart, for me, nothing else comes close. Still gets played, always head-to-head.
i've won and lost dozens of dollars :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

giphy.gif

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
4. Soul Blazer
5. Street Fighter II
7. The Lost Vikings
8. Actraiser
9. Super Mario All-Stars
10. Aladdin
11. Super Castlevania IV
12. Super Mario Kart
13. F-Zero
14. The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
15. Axelay

Wow, that was hard. But to this day, I still play A Link to the Past so much. If you are not familiar with randomizer for A Link to the Past, that is among the best thing you can run. All items are shuffled around and creates unique games and puzzles each time. I can run this game to death.

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
4. Soul Blazer
5. Street Fighter II
7. The Lost Vikings
8. Actraiser
9. Super Mario All-Stars
10. Aladdin
11. Super Castlevania IV
12. Super Mario Kart
13. F-Zero
14. The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
15. Axelay

Wow, that was hard. But to this day, I still play A Link to the Past so much. If you are not familiar with randomizer for A Link to the Past, that is among the best thing you can run. All items are shuffled around and creates unique games and puzzles each time. I can run this game to death.
I have not yet tried the randomizer, though I am aware of it. I actually want to try the one that combines LttP and Super Metroid together and randomizes the items for each between the 2 games. That seems wild.

If you are not familiar with randomizer for A Link to the Past, that is among the best thing you can run. All items are shuffled around and creates unique games and puzzles each time. I can run this game to death.
I haven't heard of it. That sounds a bit like when you've completed The Legend of Zelda on NES and everything is moved around, apart from the randomness of course.

I have not yet tried the randomizer, though I am aware of it. I actually want to try the one that combines LttP and Super Metroid together and randomizes the items for each between the 2 games. That seems wild.
I haven't heard of it. That sounds a bit like when you've completed The Legend of Zelda on NES and everything is moved around, apart from the randomness of course.

You can check out this site:
https://alttpr.com/en

It has tutorials and information that you need to get started. If you at all like A Link to the Past, this is absolutely fantastic. You really should give it a try, but be aware that if you're not very familiar with the locations and the original game, it will be hard at first, but you learn quickly. Finding items in different order is a game changer and you might not find the bow until later, so you can't complete some parts that you usually could, but perhaps you get the flute and Titan's Mitt (gloves) early in the game and can access other stuff instead.

Tell me if you need guidance setting it up or have any questions. I used to compete in some tournaments/races couple of years ago. Now I just play it for fun with friends, but racing each other is so much fun.

Yeah, the Metroid mash-up is really wild and while I haven't tried it, I highly recommend you to be familiar with "normal" Zelda randomizer runs and Metroid randomizer runs first :)

A Link to the Past - best game of all time IMO

Super Mario RPG/Super Metroid/Super Mario World were all played through multiple times.

Mortal Kombat, obviously not platform specific to SNES, was a great game and produced many memories

Finally, probably not a big favorite on everyone else's list but I will throw it out there as its one of mine...

1602165709027.png

Yea, and who can forget this game...

1602165838113.png

In no particular order:
  • Super Mario World
  • Dragon Quest 5
  • Dragon Quest 6
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Zelda A Link to the Past
  • Super Punchout
  • Mario Kart
  • Breath of Fire
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Super Metroid

Super Metroid
Super Metroid
Super Metroid
Mega Man X
MK II
SF2: Turbo
Link to the Past

15F4C63C-8B3F-4B56-8604-EF77701B31A4.jpeg

This thread made me start up the ole SNES CLASSIC :cool
Man. There was this tank game (wasn’t terribly popular) that I used to play... but can’t for the life of me remember what the hell it was called. Maybe someone knows?

I can't really put these in order, but here are some of my favorites:

Donkey Kong Country (also DKC2 and DKC3 - my brother and I would get these every year for Christmas)
Star Fox
Alladin
Uniracers
Earthbound
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World / Yoshi's Island
Super Mario All Stars
Star Wars Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi
Contra III
Mega Man X
Mega Man Soccer

There are more but those are I think my most played over the years. I don't think we ever owned Mega Man Soccer but we probably rented it enough times to own it 10x over :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

but I HIGHLY recommend OpenEmu for macOS, it's the best emulator I've used
I've been lucky enough to work from home for the past few months, and not get 'too' distracted by Netflix etc........then this comes along and destroys it!! If anyone needs me I'll be playing TMNT Turtles In Time :LOL: :laugh: :bag:

PS - Thanks, this is really awesome :cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom