Your local food challenge (man vs food) (1 Viewer)

guinness

Flush
Reaction score
I'm always entertained by restaurant food challenges, and yes I've seen all the Man vs Food episodes. Due to the Reuben thread, it dawned on me that a thread with pics about food challenges might be fun to watch.

In New Hampshire, we have a restaurant called KC's Rib Shack that has hosted several BBQ pickins' for our poker meetups (meatups) that Berg and Chicken have hosted. Below is their challenge:

KC's Ribshack - The Feedbag Challenge

6 lbs of food in THIRTY minutes, with your name and pic on the wall plus a shirt if you bink. I don't think 30 mins is enough, but considering it was achieved by a 180 lb guy I guess it works. For the record, I usually order this for 4 of us (grown men I work with) and it usually takes us 30 minutes to eat collectively, maybe because of the incoming IPA's. And yes it always comes in a winter shovel with the handle cut down. Whats your challenge?

KC-Rib-Shack-6-pound-feedbag-challenge.jpg

Edit: Changed the video to a better one.

I've never seen it ordered, but the Super Burger in Willis, TX has a 2 lb bellybuster for $20:

Bellybuster+burger2.jpg

Smokin’ Tony’s BBQ Behemoth Challenge (Waterloo)
smokin-tonys-behemoth-240x135.jpg

Where:
Smokin' Tony's BBQ (Waterloo)
Address:
36 Northfield Dr E, Waterloo, ON, Canada N2L6A1
Phone:
519-725-3000
http://www.smokintonysbbq.com
Difficulty:
2star.png

Type:
Sandwich
Price:
$30
Weight:
4.5lbs/2kg
Time Limit:
30 Minutes
Description
– Pulled pork, beef brisket, cheese, sauteed onions, and coleslaw on a rosemary focaccia bun

– Large side of fries

– 30 minute time limit

Prizes
– Free Meal

– Free Shirt

– Wall Of Fame

BBZ9_xgCYAAYkiX.jpg

Did you know there is a website called foodchallenges.com ?

Friends and myself did a BK,Wendys, McD's Taco Bell Challenge in college

1 Whopper
1 Baconator
1 Big Mac
1 Crunch Wrap Supreme
1 Large fry from your choice of bk, wendys, mcds
1 Large Soda from your choice of bk, wendys, mcds

Winner finished in about 18 minutes,

I finished in about 30 mins

Pro Tip - Eat the CrunchWrap first, as it was disgusting cold

Fries OBVIOUSLY came from McD's, right manamong?? I mean, what kind of savage would choose any other fast food fries over the mcdonalds option??
Im anti-mcd's

I prefer soggy fries for some sick reason, sooo for that reason Wendys! Also Big Mac is bottom on the list of burgers, its simply too small

Fries OBVIOUSLY came from McD's, right manamong?? I mean, what kind of savage would choose any other fast food fries over the mcdonalds option??

I would. The best fries in the world are at any Dutch or Belgian "frites" stand

I still can't believe that people want to bet me untold sums of money that I can't eat 12 Taco Bell tacos (hard shell, meat + lettuce + tomato + cheese) in less than 10 minutes.

Also still can't believe that people think I can't drink a gallon of skim milk in an hour.

I've done both of these already in the privacy of my own car driving through NYC (tacos) and at home watching Netflix (milk). Daddy needs a new pair---actually I just need to hit these at DCS so I can donk stacks to Ben.

Yeah. I hear ya. Maybe 25 tacos in 10 minutes would be a challenge. You need to put the video up here. I'm in for 20 bucks.

Our most famous local challenge around here is probably down at the grease trucks at Rutgers (there's a man v food episode from a few years back floating around). 5 "Fat" sandwiches in 45 minutes. Numerous different combinations (best one is chicken strips, mozzarella sticks & sauce) but basically they're all full subs topped with french fries. I had 2 once, couldn't imagine doing 5, lol.

http://ruhungrynj.net/

I don't mind the occasional fast food burger but that BK,Wendys, McD's Taco Bell challenge sounds utterly gross...

I still can't believe that people want to bet me untold sums of money that I can't eat 12 Taco Bell tacos (hard shell, meat + lettuce + tomato + cheese) in less than 10 minutes.

Also still can't believe that people think I can't drink a gallon of skim milk in an hour.

I've done both of these already in the privacy of my own car driving through NYC (tacos) and at home watching Netflix (milk). Daddy needs a new pair---actually I just need to hit these at DCS so I can donk stacks to Ben.

And yet you always balk at the milk challenge. I agree it is +EV for me to not make the bet, as your reason is always to have room for beer. I need my beer equity.

And yet you always balk at the milk challenge. I agree it is +EV for me to not make the bet, as your reason is always to have room for beer. I need my beer equity.

i will take berg's side in the skim milk challenge all day long.

At one of our short-buy $.25/$.50 games,one time two of the more colorful regulars engaged in a prop bet that the one guy couldn't eat 18 Doritos in a minute. Keep in mind, prop bets in this game over various things are common, but usually $5 or less. They bet $20 - a huge prop bet for this cast.

Anyway, the guy fails miserably (he ate like 7 - if you count the "unswallowed") and hands over his $20. So, his wife who was there socializing (and is certifiably nuts BTW) has watched all this transpire. She walks straight over and plunks a hundo down on the table and swears that SHE can do it. (A $100 prop bet is COMPLETELY unheard of here.) The other player naturally accepts.

She did even worse than her husband. Even for the poker game, $120 is a very big win - a $120 win in stupid prop bets still gets talked about years later. :)

I eat the Firebrand Chili at The Den Chili Parlor in Springfield, IL that was featured on Man vs. Food all the time. Only my best is 3 bowls in a single sitting(never again) not 5 like Adam Richman did.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 106
I eat the Firebrand Chili at The Den Chili Parlor in Springfield, IL that was featured on Man vs. Food all the time. Only my best is 3 bowls in a single sitting(never again) not 5 like Adam Richman did.
I may have to try that next time I am rolling through Springfield. Though that is usually on my to Joplin, MO and a long car ride after that may not be the best idea.

You can get it to go and eat it later. It is awesome chili. Be sure to get a chili dog with firebrand meat too, totally delicious.

I may have to try that next time I am rolling through Springfield. Though that is usually on my to Joplin, MO and a long car ride after that may not be the best idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom