Your Favorite Home Made Dip + Chip (RECIPES PLEASE!!) (1 Viewer)

Mine is kinda, well......trash I guess. But it is CRACK once everyone tries it.
  • 16oz Sour Cream
  • #1 Hidden Valley Ranch Packet
  • 1/4+ cup Real Bacon Bits
  • 1/2 to 3/4+ cup finely shredded quality cheddar cheese
  • chopped green onion
  • RUFFLES MO FO's!
Sorry, my mind is on loaded baked potato bites.... thanks @FordPickup92
Sounds like an epic poker snack (not around the table lol)
My bad on the food thoughts haha honestly I prefer twice baked loaded potatoes. Using a full sized potatoe (precooked to soften) taking the center out and mixing in sour cream a splash of heavy whipping cream a small amount of green onion fresh cooked bacon bits and cheese mixing it all together loading the skin and topping off with more cheeses and bacon baked until golden brown... so yummy

Mine is kinda, well......trash I guess. But it is CRACK once everyone tries it.
  • 16oz Sour Cream
  • #1 Hidden Valley Ranch Packet
  • 1/4+ cup Real Bacon Bits
  • 1/2 to 3/4+ cup finely shredded quality cheddar cheese
  • chopped green onion
  • RUFFLES MO FO's!
Sorry, my mind is on loaded baked potato bites.... thanks @FordPickup92
With great chips and dips, there’s only one way to go. Nice, fresh ingredients, cooking all day of made fresh minutes before serving.

Or this. Like a velveeta cheese and rotel thrown in. Don’t discount your “trash”. This dip has a place, and I can promise you that place is my stomach at 2 am on poker night when I’m coming back for 7ths and 8ths because it tastes delicious and soaks up the beer. Who’s hungry?

Dude, my only goal here is to make you all FATTER (and maybe have explosive diarrhea)...... and also to pick up some sweet dip recipes along the way!
I actually think it’s a good idea. And unfortunately, I think we should’ve had a second comment where you could update and put in the various dips/recipes as they’re listed.

I spose maybe in the OP? I’m truly interested to see what eberyone has, and excited to recreate some of them (I’m a huge dip/sauce fan. Saucier is the most important position in the kitchen, I love me a good homemade fresh aioli or rue.)

With great chips and dips, there’s only one way to go. Nice, fresh ingredients, cooking all day of made fresh minutes before serving.

Or this. Like a velveeta cheese and rotel thrown in. Don’t discount your “trash”. This dip has a place, and I can promise you that place is my stomach at 2 am on poker night when I’m coming back for 7ths and 8ths because it tastes delicious and soaks up the beer. Who’s hungry?
So rotel + cream cheese + italian or spicy sausage + some seasonings (old bay) + scoops = epic dip

Alton Brown's guacamole recipe. As I recall, it's avacados, red onion, tomato, garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, and something else, maybe cumin? It's the shit. And if you're not serving your guac with blue tortillas, you're a cheap bastard.

I actually think it’s a good idea. And unfortunately, I think we should’ve had a second comment where you could update and put in the various dips/recipes as they’re listed.

I spose maybe in the OP? I’m truly interested to see what eberyone has, and excited to recreate some of them (I’m a huge dip/sauce fan. Saucier is the most important position in the kitchen, I love me a good homemade fresh aioli or rue.)

Thread TITLE updated, thank you!

cowboy caviar AKA cowboy crack:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 Roma tomatoes seeds removed, diced
  • 2 ripe avocados diced
  • 1/3 cup red onion diced
  • 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
  • 1 15 oz can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn
  • 1 bell pepper diced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, diced into very small pieces
  • ⅓ cup Cilantro finely chopped
DRESSING:
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons lime juice fresh preferred
  • 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
best served with tortilla scoops.

The cilantro. Missing the fresh cilantro.
It's actually in the recipe. I leave it out because I'm one of the 10% of the population that's genitically programmed to taste cilantro like soap. Not my fault. Also, I leave out the cayanne pepper and double up on the black pepper because I have no tolerance for heat in my food. Call me a wimp, I say I have a civilized palate. Regardless, made with good fresh ingredients, I've gotten huge, unsolicited compliments. But here's the recipe for you heat and cilantro loving savages:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/guacamole-recipe-1940609

not pointed at anyone....just funny-- been watching the Far Side thread..

1587167758424.png

Sounds like an epic poker snack (not around the table lol)
My bad on the food thoughts haha honestly I prefer twice baked loaded potatoes. Using a full sized potatoe (precooked to soften) taking the center out and mixing in sour cream a splash of heavy whipping cream a small amount of green onion fresh cooked bacon bits and cheese mixing it all together loading the skin and topping off with more cheeses and bacon baked until golden brown... so yummy

Dont forget the small pieces of rib eye steak up in that!

Interesting -- turns out cilantro is on the list with: Black Licorice, the Grateful Dead, soap i suppose, circus peanuts, and candy corn

FWIW I hate all of the above with the exceptions of the Grateful Dead and cilantro

Thought this thread would get more traction.

Tzatziki (the ultimate "Dip")

16oz High Fat Greek Yogourt (it should be pushing double digits)
1 cup Processed Cucumber (seeds removed)
1 t Salt
2 cloves Raw Garlic
2 cloves Roasted Garlic
Olive Oil
Juice of 1/2 Lemon

Process some cucumber with a hand blender and drain it in a coffee filter for a day or two. At the same time drain 16 oz of yogourt. When everything is drained, mix in salt, crushed garlic, olive oil to taste (1-3 teaspoons), and lemon juice.

Mine is also basically trash but I make it for every super bowl as a guilty pleasure:

1lb ground beef, browned and seasoned with taco seasoning
1 package velveeta (the big one)
1 small can diced green chiles
1/2 big jar of Pace Picante Salsa
8oz can tomato paste

When I ran out of chips I would slather it on toast. Not proud.

"Light" Pepperoni dip

1 stick of Turkey pepperoni, taken out of casing
1 brick of light Philadelphia cream cheese
1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup

Mix and bake at 350 for about 30 mins. We usually serve with slices or cubes of Italian bread or hefty chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom