You said “get samples“ (2 Viewers)

cgpilot

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I said “ok.”

Wanted to share the results of the community advice. This is what I’ve collected over the last couple of months. Thanks everyone! :tup: :) It turned out being very helpful in making a decision.

39DFD21D-BE03-4BBD-B208-300EA6529284.jpeg

That looks like a fine group of various types of chips.

What was your opinion and ultimate decision?

That looks like a fine group of various types of chips.

What was your opinion and ultimate decision?

First choice, and I was lucky enough to get, was an AS tourney set. Tough decision between those and primary Jacks.

I’m still surprised by how much I like the Atlantic Club chips. Those or and the Jacks are probably what I will have my eye on next.:watching:

edit: fixed a mistake :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Feel free to sell those sample sets at any point. I’ll take the Jacks lol!

The correct answer is "about 1/10th as much as I would have without my new friends. See, they are saving you money"

Then throw that cloud thing on the ground and disappear.

First mistake is thinking there is a correct answer (when your married HA). :eek:

Second is to remind her that you don't ask about the amazon boxes that show up daily.

Third is to distract: "You look very lovely tonight sweetie, did you do something different with your hair?"

Fourth: Profit with more samples. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Congrats on picking up samples!!

I’m still surprised by how much I like the Atlantic Club chips. Those or and the Jacks are probably what I will have my eye on next.:watching:

edit: fixed a mistake :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Which Atlantic Clubs? Hot stamps or inlaid?

When I got started in this I was interested in the scrolls. That was an easy no after samples.
Ceramic scrolls, or scroll molds?

Next thing of course is getting barrels of chips to shuffle and get a better feel for them ;)

Congrats on picking up samples!!

Which Atlantic Clubs? Hot stamps or inlaid?

Ceramic scrolls, or scroll molds?

Next thing of course is getting barrels of chips to shuffle and get a better feel for them ;)

Inlaid Atlantic clubs. Definitely at the top of my list.

Ceramic scrolls. Definitely at the bottom. :)

Congratulations! I am super jealous. Anyone have advice on best places to get samples?

Curious as I was looking at the AC Hotstamps; where they as good as the inlaid? I will be getting some samples but figured to pick your brain while on the subject.

Curious as I was looking at the AC Hotstamps; where they as good as the inlaid? I will be getting some samples but figured to pick your brain while on the subject.
Very little tactile difference between CPC hotstamps and inlaid chips imo, depending on the mold in question.

The differences in feel and sound are much greater across the various molds, and to a lesser degree, between all-weighted chips vs all-unweighted.

For best results, and to determine what you like, get samples.

Congratulations! I am super jealous. Anyone have advice on best places to get samples?

Apachepokerchips.com has samples.

Brpropoker.com has samples

Classicpokerchips.com has samples.

You can also find them here often in the classifieds.

:)

I prefer the inlaid but the hotstamps are still nice. The mantra “get samples” is important and it sounds like you are on the right path.

Before these samples arrived I had never handled clay chips - ever. The first clay chips I got my hands on were the CPCs. A little later I got a couple of different THC/RHC samples.

If I had some long history with Paulsons I might think that is the way a clay chip is supposed to feel/handle. I was pretty neutral at the start and as I mentioned earlier, surprised by how much I like them. They are unique and have their own characteristics.

If you are looking at Atlantic Club chips you should really consider a full custom set from CPC then. The cost difference is minimal compared to the coolness factor of having a unique set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom