You said “get samples“ (1 Viewer)

I will just say that stock sets like Atlantic Club will have a higher resale value and broader resale market than custom sets which can be difficult to sell. If you are just starting out and not completely set in your preferences and/or want to be able to trade out sets as opposed to hoarding them then a custom set may not be the best option starting out.

If Atlantic Club (which I strongly recommend at this stage), then in Horsehead mold. Better sounding (actually, best sounding among those I 've tried, IMHO, but that may be personal).

If Atlantic Club (which I strongly recommend at this stage), then in Horsehead mold. Better sounding (actually, best sounding among those I 've tried, IMHO, but that may be personal).

Haven’t tried that mold. I’ll have to get a sample set soon.

Maybe a little bit of confusion from my post above. To clarify - I dislike like ceramic scrolls.

But also I’m not a huge fan of the CPC scroll mold. Just the design. I prefer the A mold.
I feel ya about ceramics man! I've had plenty of sampling. I'd never pull the trigger for any.

I also have tried many of the CPC molds, and it's all a personal preference. There isn't one or more molds that are actually better. It's all a preference, that's why they all exist IMHO. Absolutely dislike the Scroll mold.

I personally still like me my CSQs. Im particularly interested to try out Small Crown now. My next endeavor, once I've saved some money, will be a custom Small Crown CPC set. I'm visually sold, but not sure about feel.

As well, I recently sold all my HHR shuffle stacks, but I do like the feel and sound of it. Agree with @Coyote , however, it's visually displeasing to me.

The truth is the HHR requires a rural, if not old West, theme. With Atlantic Club, the set would be begging for A-mold now that I think of it.
But @cgpilot should judge for himself at the end of the day.
Bear in mind also the label factor. The larger the label the more legible it is and the more details allowed. But, the smaller the label, the better the chips are sounding (in general).

The truth is the HHR requires a rural, if not old West, theme. With Atlantic Club, the set would be begging for A-mold now that I think of it.
But @cgpilot should judge for himself at the end of the day.
Bear in mind also the label factor. The larger the label the more legible it is and the more details allowed. But, the smaller the label, the better the chips are sounding (in general).

Agree. I think the A mold is perfect for “Atlantic.”

You did great! The difficult part about getting more samples is that you'll eventually land on a set that you'll love and somehow they multiply out to a full set of 1000 chips or more.

Everytime I see a BTP, ES, or SB sample set I quickly close out of the thread.

Before these samples arrived I had never handled clay chips - ever. The first clay chips I got my hands on were the CPCs. A little later I got a couple of different THC/RHC samples.

If I had some long history with Paulsons I might think that is the way a clay chip is supposed to feel/handle. I was pretty neutral at the start and as I mentioned earlier, surprised by how much I like them. They are unique and have their own characteristics.

Oh man, you need to get your hands on some very worn paulsons then! The kind of wear you only get from being on the floor 24/7 for years and years.

Try and get your hands on a sample stack of PCA 5s or Empress 5s. It's like shuffling butter.

In my few years on PCF, this is one of the most complete sample sets I have ever seen assembled. And tbh, if you need to recoup the money, I bet you would get at least 80-90% of what you spent if you post this on classifieds.

This is the most beautiful result of "get samples" as I have ever seen. Very well done, sir.

In my few years on PCF, this is one of the most complete sample sets I have ever seen assembled. And tbh, if you need to recoup the money, I bet you would get at least 80-90% of what you spent if you post this on classifieds.

This is the most beautiful result of "get samples" as I have ever seen. Very well done, sir.
Thanks!

Though everyone only said “get samples,” I’ve gone a little overboard with “get chips” as well. I mentioned elsewhere, but I’ll need to quarintine myself from the classifieds soon.

Thanks!

Though everyone only said “get samples,” I’ve gone a little overboard with “get chips” as well. I mentioned elsewhere, but I’ll need to quarintine myself from the classifieds soon.

Thats what we all say, and here we are throwing our money into the clay black hole. :D

When I got started in this I was interested in the scrolls. That was an easy no after samples.

Also wasn’t a big fan of CCs. I like the ceramics over the CCs.

No kidding, I was like 30 seconds away from just ordering a set, held out for the sample package to arrive thank goodness.

Now in the meantime have signed up here, learned a bunch, and sampled some others; patience is apparently a virtue.

When does one quit sampling and make a decision though :banghead:

No kidding, I was like 30 seconds away from just ordering a set, held out for the sample package to arrive thank goodness.

Now in the meantime have signed up here, learned a bunch, and sampled some others; patience is apparently a virtue.

Catch and release is a thing, buy a set and see if you like it and just sell it back for what you paid if you dont.

I waited about two years, but I did customs, it's a process.

I'd like your AS tourney samples when you're done with them. Sound good?

I’ve had a few offers. However, I don’t think I’ll part with the samples.

I’m still collecting. :)
I've got 2 full tourney samples...and I've grown my set, but the samples are unsellable. They are now spares in my lock up.

I've got ES cash samples too. Won't ever sell despite having a small set.

It's a weird and nutty hobby. Makes no sense.

I've got 2 full tourney samples...and I've grown my set, but the samples are unsellable. They are now spares in my lock up.

I've got ES cash samples too. Won't ever sell despite having a small set.

It's a weird and nutty hobby. Makes no sense.

Display your samples! They are lovely. And if you have $4k ready then you can start talking about a legit set.

Display your samples! They are lovely. And if you have $4k ready then you can start talking about a legit set.
I've posted quite a bit of pr0n somewhere around here...I do keep one in the display as you see pictured. ESST and PS samples are en route to me to complete the gamut.
15883852534707140903075196756264.jpg

I don't know how deep my ES set is. I've only ever run $0.25/0.50. I don't build the set to compete or be legit. Honestly. Built to my personal needs and liking.

100 x $0.25
220 x $1
300 x $5
60 x $20
40 x $25
20 x $100

EDIT : looks like it does have a $4K + bank.

Last edited:
I've posted quite a bit of pr0n somewhere around here...I do keep one in the display as you see pictured. ESST and PS samples are en route to me to complete the gamut.
View attachment 451363

I don't know how deep my ES set is. I've only ever run $0.25/0.50. I don't build the set to compete or be legit. Honestly. Built to my personal needs and liking.

100 x $0.25
220 x $1
300 x $5
60 x $20
40 x $25
20 x $100

Aaah. So nice.

Aaah. So nice.
Wait until I get Pacific Star and ESST in those empty rows. Those rows have been waiting a long time for gems I have coming to me. Time will tell.

The amount of shipping I got going on right now...is pretty great. The wheels are turning and I'll be posting to the mail pr0n thread with fury when it hits!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom