You guys were right ... (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Started playing 25NL full ring and some 25NL 6 max normal tables on ACR last month.
Sometimes I play a blitz table at the same time just to keep from losing my mind at how slow the full ring tables are.
But the normal tables are so much softer ... certainly a small sample on the 25NL tables but wow. I have seen some super wide (losing) calls on the full ring tables.
This is data for 2022 YTD. Not exactly crushing it but hope to get far more hands on the 25NL tables in the second half of the year.
Did get sucked out on Blitz today my top boat losing to quads!!

1658104913335.png

Started playing 25NL full ring and some 25NL 6 max normal tables on ACR last month.
Sometimes I play a blitz table at the same time just to keep from losing my mind at how slow the full ring tables are.
But the normal tables are so much softer ... certainly a small sample on the 25NL tables but wow. I have seen some super wide (losing) calls on the full ring tables.
This is data for 2022 YTD. Not exactly crushing it but hope to get far more hands on the 25NL tables in the second half of the year.
Did get sucked out on Blitz today my top boat losing to quads!!

View attachment 951287
Knew it!

25NL full ring = $87.54 in 367 hands over 3.88 hours.
10NL Blitz 6 max = $94.93 in 30,665 hands over 118.70 hours.
Full ring is the clear winner if that win rate can be maintained.

25NL full ring = $87.54 in 367 hands over 3.88 hours.
10NL Blitz 6 max = $94.93 in 30,665 hands over 118.70 hours.
Full ring is the clear winner if that win rate can be maintained.
Sample size obviously way too small to draw any conclusions, but it's a good start and I bet you really can beat those games!

keep from losing my mind at how slow the full ring tables are

this is a major part of why they are easier - players don't get a new hand immediately upon folding, so their ranges are waaaaay wider.

LOL no kidding. I was playing a full ring game and had a Blitz 6-max table going at the same time, playing pretty tight on Blitz (as I wasnt fully focusing on the blitz table) and that seemed like a good combo.

Tried to play some full ring tonight ... two 25NL tables running and sat at both for a while. Everyone was playing 16/14 or thereabouts. Super nitty and I was card dead. Maybe Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun are the days to play full ring. Bailed and played Blitz for 2 hours.

Not to revive a dead thread but I'm suspicious that the GTO for Blitz is different from the GTO of full ring because your frequencies aren't punished

Perhaps, but that wouldn't be my first inclination. Like, take a common frequency decision, opening pocket pairs from MP. One would still want to open those hands at some non-zero/one frequency because the purpose (board coverage) is still in play. Though I agree with the sentiment that one can play in a less balanced way because of the lack of a table image (e.g. over or under bluff-catching).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom