Year 2021 - the year of the first Matsui chips for retail? (1 Viewer)

sure you can if you have the contacts, but price will be high and also it will take you up to 10-12 weeks to receive the chips.
So like Korea -> Austria -> US would still take a long time and I'm assuming the shipping would be insane. Also assuming you'd have some kinds of premade designs you'd go with?

also small quantities will get too expensive if you just want to order 500 pcs for example. They wont make that for you

yes it would be mainly for the Euopean market. Shipping to US is still very bad organized and also expensive

Congrats and good luck on the initiative.
Classic, classy and clay-ish designs would attract customers, especially from this forum.

My 2c on denominations: Have at least one Non-Denominated chip, and do NOT put currency on any of them.
The Euro is a historically illiterate strategic anomaly (not going to last too long) and people's variations of needs and capabilities, stakes-wise, are endless.
A non-currency denomination can be used as either cent, or dime, or Euro/Pound, or Tournament unit.

Matsui CIC chips were sold retail, so technically it would not be the first time. I would also drop the 10 denom, 20 would be nice to have for cash sets. Could be a good option for people looking to buy smaller sets (300/400 tourney, 500/600 cash). Design and price point would be key factors IMO.

Not true! They do small sets!
yes but fix costs will eplode the price - alone the Decal Tooling fee per denom is 240 usd - so this alone will be 2000 usd

Last edited:
yes but fix costs will eplode the price - alone the Decal Tooling fee per denom is 240 usd - so this alone will be 2000 usd
Maybe you should start off with a groupbuy to see if there is demand. Also to find a good mainstream design.

This would be only reasonable (pricewise) chip mold

Attachments

• matsui.JPG
    matsui.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 326
What kind of price do you estimate to sell these for?

Just curious, is it possible to order without labels and skip that cost altogether?

Just my 2c, if I were you I would sell Abbiati chips. I love Matsui chips, but Abbiatis feel and look much better. Plus, it’s relatively easy to order Matsui chips for yourself, but the price to do it from Abbiati is insane unless you’re buying 1000s of chips.

Abbiati will be way too expensive. I will check all details and keep you updated.
Highest price I can imagine selling them will be around EUR 1,20 per chip. It is not a group buy it will be stocked chips for my shop, so I also must have a good margin, because at the end there will be always some denoms left you cannot sell and full investment will be also greater than 30.000 USD

If I can give a little bit of advice , those chips you showed us are way way too slippery. Go with the inner ring chips , they are much more stable and feel a lot better and stack better. Those decal chips are really too slippery , I have them here at home and I also have the inner ring chips too compare and it’s a big difference. Also the inner ring chip is a better looking chip and will sell better , but they’re are more pricey.

Starting price for 2 color inner ring €1.08 and 3 color inner ring €1.40 this is before tooling charge and other options and shipping etc.

If you came up with your own designs (just look at Gene with the Tiki Kings) you could easily mass market something. You would need the storage space to store a metric ton of these and a huge upfront allotment, but it could easily be profitable.

yes but this will get too high prices. I must find a selling price around 1-1.20 and also have a good margin for the shop itself.
If I buy inner ring chips I would have to sell them at 2 euro which will be too expensive.
If I can give a little bit of advice , those chips you showed us are way way too slippery. Go with the inner ring chips , they are much more stable and feel a lot better and stack better. Those decal chips are really too slippery , I have them here at home and I also have the inner ring chips too compare and it’s a big difference. Also the inner ring chip is a better looking chip and will sell better , but they’re are more pricey.

yes but this will get too high prices. I must find a selling price around 1-1.20 and also have a good margin for the shop itself.
If I buy inner ring chips I would have to sell them at 2 euro which will be too expensive.
I do think people will pay the additional 0.8€ on average for much better looking and handling chips. I mean I would , but it’s totally up to you :)

anyway I gonna wait for the offers and then I will decide

10 denoms, the style I posted plus glitter ring and glitter text design (like atteched) I could sell @ 0,99 ex VAT
1610830204989.png

No value, 1 , 2 5, 10 , 25 , 100, 500 , 100 , 5000

If I understand correctly, you are limited to the ten color combinations posted earlier. Two of the chips have black base color, so I'd use only one of them. Also, the #1 chip's color combo looks pretty weak sauce to me... You know your customer base best, but I would try to get by without the 2 and 10 denoms. I would use the available chips as follows:

No value - #7 Lavender / Day-Glo Pink
1 - #2 True Blue / White
5 - #3 Scarlet / Lemon
25 - #4 Lawn Green / Light Blue
100 - #10 Black / White
500 - #9 Light Blue / Day-Glo Pink
1000 - #8 Orange / Black
5000 - #6 White / Scarlet

Because color repetition is inevitable, I would make sure the decals are different enough from each other to help distinguish between the denoms. The decal area is quite large, use that to your advantage for great looking artwork. I know you've done it with your personal set, but I would prefer a non-ring use of the glitter, since it would be concentric with the ring that is already around the label and basically just cut down the artwork area. A lot of creative things could be done with glitter instead of the ring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom