Traded WTT - 20 1K Empress PRI - SCV for LCV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaRDHouSeiNC

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have 20 near perfect SCV

The rest of my rack is the LCV version that looks less bright

I’d like to do this in one trade if possible

my 20 SCV for your 20 LCV kindly please :)

I’ll pay shipping both ways

BB886AEA-8223-4E68-8515-3E465661ED21.jpeg
BC313A33-F4F8-424B-8357-F6DDD97E3FA5.jpeg

Just read your post and was just curious: What is the difference between SCV and LCV? Thanks alot!

Just read your post and was just curious: What is the difference between SCV and LCV? Thanks alot!
I'm not a chip expert but from my observations so far, Paulson LCV molded chips sometimes have a different clay composition than SCV chips, and are often much heavier. The inlay also seems to be a bit more flush with the rest of the chip on the LCV mold. With the LCV sometimes the colors are slightly different too and you can see flakes, presumably metal, glistening in the chip.

This specific chip has all of the characteristics above. The SCV is brighter in color, and much lighter, like 2g or more lighter. The LCV variant is a little duller, heavier, and stack like freaking bricks. They're both nice but some prefer one over other.

I'm not a chip expert but from my observations so far, Paulson LCV molded chips sometimes have a different clay composition than SCV chips, and are often much heavier. The inlay also seems to be a bit more flush with the rest of the chip on the LCV mold. With the LCV sometimes the colors are slightly different too and you can see flakes, presumably metal, glistening in the chip.

This specific chip has all of the characteristics above. The SCV is brighter in color, and much lighter, like 2g or more lighter. The LCV variant is a little duller, heavier, and stack like freaking bricks. They're both nice but some prefer one over other.
Whoa, no. LCV are not always 2g heavier than SCV, there are no flakes in LCV, unless as a specific security feature from Paulson, and the colors are not different. You might be referring to Burt Co. made Paulson chips, which do have flakes, can occasionally have a lead slug in the center which makes them heavier, and used a different clay formula. The reason that these are duller and appear to have flakes is because they are used and uncleaned.

The only actual difference between LCV and SCV is the mold design, which has longer canes and less of a recess. They can be heavier just because they were more common in Paulson's early days, when they used more lead, but they aren't always heavier. Also, because of the different mold design they have a slight difference in feel, but there isn't any inherent clay makeup difference.

Whoa, no. LCV are not always 2g heavier than SCV, there are no flakes in LCV, unless as a specific security feature from Paulson, and the colors are not different. You might be referring to Burt Co. made Paulson chips, which do have flakes, can occasionally have a lead slug in the center which makes them heavier, and used a different clay formula. The reason that these are duller and appear to have flakes is because they are used and uncleaned.

The only actual difference between LCV and SCV is the mold design, which has longer canes and less of a recess. They can be heavier just because they were more common in Paulson's early days, when they used more lead, but they aren't always heavier. Also, because of the different mold design they have a slight difference in feel, but there isn't any inherent clay makeup difference.
I was referring to the specific chips above. The LCV version has flakes and is indeed 2g or more heavier than its SCV counterpart. The LCV versions of the 100s are the same way. They are a little bit heavier than the SCVs.

I was referring to the specific chips above. The LCV version has flakes and is indeed 2g or more heavier than its SCV counterpart. The LCV versions of the 100s are the same way. They are a little bit heavier than the SCVs.
You should have made that more clear, the way you worded your post talked about it as if that was a difference between all LCV and SCV chips, and it was in response to a question that asked about the difference in general.

You should have made that more clear, the way you worded your post talked about it as if that was a difference between all LCV and SCV chips, and it was in response to a question that asked about the difference in general.
I said in my observations, and used the word sometimes. I thought it was rather clear. Sorry if it was confusing.

Yah in these the LCV batch looks like they spilled blue powder into the blaze mix or its a flake of some sort.
The LCV chips do feel a little heavier. Havent seen one even potential spinner in my LCV ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom