WSOP Live Stream (1 Viewer)

I'm glad an amateur made it this far, but for the love of god he looks like a gay, french, steampunk Indiana Jones.

This made me lol EYE R EL.

Along with berg's bbbbbottttttttbbbbbbbbbb observations.

I promise you that when I get it in versus berg at BBotB for any significant amount I will cobble together some sort of rail to root for a suckout.

I-got-your-back-Feature.jpg

Congrats Snoop!

This WSOP is really unwatchable. I watched 2 hands and turned it off to watch MNF on a game I bet $25 on.

The November Nine is an idea who's time has passed. It's the best deterrent to ensure that casual players never try the game. Let's review all of the things that turn off casual (and even hardcore poker) fans....keeping in mind that the November Nine was incepted was to bring the casual fans in, else don't broadcast it at all...

1) The Tanking - always bad, but this is ridiculous. I'd give my left arm for Scotty N. to make the final table and constantly call "Clock, baby" on Stern.

2) The Rail Fan Bois
- really, every time you're all in you need to run over to your rail? Poker isn't a team sport. If someone did this at the BBOTB I'd throw them thru a window.

3) The Defacto No Talking Rule
- BORINGGG! No personality, no discussion, no table talk, no nothing.

4) The Burka-Like Face Coverage
- all I can see of most players are their noses. Are they actually afraid that a quivering whisker on their neck is going to reveal their big bluff (which BTW never happens anyway)?

5) The No Names - my wife knows as much about poker as I do about the Housewives of Orange County. That said, she said "Oh, let's watch the World Series" as we were scrolling through the FioS guide last night. She asked where the Daniel guy was. Then she asked about Phil that looks like Michael Jordan. Then she asked about the other Phil who's a hothead. Then she asked "Who the fuck are these nerds?" This is like watching the USFL with replacement players for the casual fan.

The only thing saving this broadcast is Antonio Esfandiari. He mixes the right amount of poker insight for novice and advanced players. Whatever ESPN is paying him, it's not enough.

Bring back the cash games on TV - those were worth watching. This is just unwatchable drivel.

This exactly. I hated watching Scwartz but at at least he would have made the final9 1,000,000,000,000 more interesting and we could start a "when will schwartz groom himself" prop thread.
schwartz.jpg

Last edited:
I promise you that when I get it in versus berg at BBotB for any significant amount I will cobble together some sort of rail to root for a suckout.

Will photograph stern bergface and post afterward.

Please tank for 4 minutes before doing so (scarf optional), and use video rather than photos..... berg response guaranteed viral material.

I may be an asshole but Courage just promised to tear out Butler's spine. I know they have history from the infamous PLO back raise 4th nuts vs 2nd nuts hand, but this simply beyond the pale.

In all actuality, I think 104% of poker fans would rather watch a meatup than the stupid November Nine bullshit.

I may be an asshole but Courage just promised to tear out Butler's spine. I know they have history from the infamous PLO back raise 4th nuts vs 2nd nuts hand, but this simply beyond the pale.

In all actuality, I think 104% of poker fans would rather watch a meatup than the stupid November Nine bullshit.

We've been talking about this for years, streaming the circus table. God, so funny, you guys make my face hurt I laugh so hard. OK, may have left the door open there...

I may be an asshole but Courage just promised to tear out Butler's spine.

C'mon, it's well known he's a Communist. I heard you use your transcendent voice - "FINISH HIM" - but when I reached for it, nothing there.

Are you saying Butler is spineless?

He already proved it when he backraised with the 4th nuts in PLO and I folded the 3rd nuts on a board of K552A.

Come on I'm not that nitty. It was the 3rd nuts...

some how the coverage didn't record in my DVR after the sterns busto... So I missed the apparent elimination of Steinberg? Can someone give a brief recap? Where are stack sizes now? What happened with Steinberg ?

Broadcast is MUCH less painful now that it's 3-handed. No unreasonably long tanks so far.

I must have some undiagnosed syndrome where I automatically see a certain animal in people. I can now add Joe McKeehen to the following list.

People I think look vaguely like turtles:

Lindsey Graham
Ted Cruz
Scott Walker
That smart guy from the Princess Bride
Mitch McConnell
Woody Allen
Walter Cronkite
Mark Chesnutt

Good list, what about the short guy from Ghostbusters? He's turtle like, definitely got some frog in him, but turtle like as well.

Rick Moranis? Yeah I can see that. Probably more frog, but maybe he could be like a turtle understudy.

Beckley is among the least comfortable players I've ever seen. He should follow the gay french steampunk Indiana Jones strategy of pretending you are a deaf mute.

lol @jbutler

I was going to post earlier but was packaging sample sets... was thinking ostrich pose and stare for McKeehen.

I agree, I'm almost expecting the throat clear before he has to repeat what he just mumbled now... I can't imagine what it would be like to play for that much money, just the million dollar jump from third to second is inconceivable ( :)) and do it on tv as welI, I don't blame him for being uncomfortable.

I agree, I'm almost expecting the throat clear before he has to repeat what he just mumbled now... I can't imagine what it would be like to play for that much money, just the million dollar jump from third to second is inconceivable ( :)) and do it on tv as welI, I don't blame him for being uncomfortable.

Maybe, but I can imagine that as soon as I heard myself speak and I sounded like a 14 year old hoping for his first handjob, you can be damn well sure I'm not talking again until I bust.

So if the broadcast on ESPN is on a 30-minute delay, why are the updates on wsop.com almost real time? Wouldn't the internet be more accessible to the folks on the rail than a TV broadcast?

Broadcast is MUCH less painful now that it's 3-handed. No unreasonably long tanks so far.

And McKeehen's table talk has been on point. He's still awkward as hell, but it's great to hear him engage the other players and dig for information.

Damn, I coulda shipped Blumenfield a lil green deuce to sneak behind Joe's monstah stack and snapped off the white magic.

So if the broadcast on ESPN is on a 30-minute delay, why are the updates on wsop.com almost real time? Wouldn't the internet be more accessible to the folks on the rail than a TV broadcast?

More rational decision-making from the WSOP.

Catholic school was so rough on you, Jack. :eek:

If I'd had the true Catholic school experience I wouldn't have had to wait until 14.

Limp folding HU. Looks like a recipe for success. Beckley needs Blumenfield's balls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom