WSOP Circuit Event Day 2, WWYD? (2 Viewers)

I have been stewing over this for a couple of days. Give me your thoughts on this action.
I'll try to describe all the variables and then I have 2 questions.

$600 Buy-in
Day 2
Pays 30k to win.
24 left, I am smack dab in the middle of the chip stacks with 225k
Blinds are 4000/8000/8000. 20k in the flop preflop.

1st two hands of Day 2 are a small raise followed by everyone folding.
3rd hand 1st to act and I have :ad::jd:
I raise to 25k
folds around to the button who has 85k and decides it is go-time for him.
I call the additional 60k and he turns over :8s::8h:
I pick up a flush draw on the turn but don't hit anything and lose the hand.

In any home game or any $100 tourney I make this move every time and don't even think about it, but this happened to me twice this week in these bigger tourney's so it has me questioning if I should be changing my play since there is so much money on the line.

Questions -
1. In this scenario should I have folded the AJ pre and waited for a better spot/made hand/position/etc
2. After making the prefolp raise should I have folded for the additional 60k?
This is a very standard call...I see nothing out of line here. I would think at this blind stage, you could get away with a smaller preflop raise...maybe to 16-20k and get similar results to the 25K. That's just nitpicking though. Where is the bubble out of curiosity?

This is a very standard call...I see nothing out of line here. I would think at this blind stage, you could get away with a smaller preflop raise...maybe to 16-20k and get similar results to the 25K. That's just nitpicking though. Where is the bubble out of curiosity?
EDIT: I posted before reading thru the other answers (on purpose, to not be influenced by others). I totally agree with others. @DrStrange said it best.

Last thing to add, I probably fold AJo from UTG here....I think AJs is very playable though. Attached is an UTG live range chart (based on 100bbs). I think you could apply all the same hands here, but coming in for a smaller raise.

Attachments

• open ranges.JPG
    open ranges.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 53

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom