WSOP Chip Usage History – Main Events (2 Viewers)

1987 – 1990

Binion’s Horseshoe Paulson

View attachment 311074

25 – Green Paulson
100 – Black Paulson
500 – Gray Paulson
1,000 – Gold Paulson
5,000 – Brown Paulson

Year – Entrants (Places Paid)

1987 – 152 (36)
1988 – 167 (36)
1989 – 178 (36)
1990 – 194 (36)

Introduced in 1987, these were both the first Paulson chip set and the first full NCV set used at the WSOP. 1990 was the last time Paulson chips were used exclusively at the Main Event until 2007.

Does anyone has the Paulson colors used in this lineup (base color + edge spots colors) ?

Comparing the ones in my collecition to my Paulson color samples, I get:

1 - off white
5 - royal red with blurple spots (?) (I have a ? here as nothing in the set matches... navy and royal blue aren't "purple" enough and dark blue is too light)
25 - indian blue with peach spots
100 - charcoal with arc yellow (95% certain) and sky blue spots
500 - grey with white and black spots
1000 - mustard and day blue
5000 - colon orange with blaze orange, chocolate (*) and yellow spots. (the chocolate looks too dark, but the chip is worn and the sample pristine)

The spots on the 5 has me a bit stumped and the only thing I can think is that it's worn enough (as well as the 100 and 5000) that the colors aren't 100% in the chips from the WSOP as they in the samples simply because they are worn and have seen enough play, drying out and whatever else has happened between then and now that the colors have shifted just a bit.

Short of giving the chips a thorough cleaning and a bit of oil (which I'm not going to do with my collectable chips) these three cases are going to have to be "best guesses, but most likely".

I was wondering if anyone had the hex numbers for the base and edgespots for the 2015 WSOP chips. It would be greatly appreciated. I assume that maybe paulson uses their own colors?

Question is...out of the 2000-2003 Bud Jones, do you use the white T500 or the yellow from prior years...

Anyone know what the breakdown for starting stacks was in 2021?
WSOP 2021 Krish starting stack.jpeg.jpg

Picture courtesy of Windwalker.

Only 2 T500 and a T25.000 covering almost half of the stack.

Does it generates a lot of change at the table ?

This is awesome! Does anyone know how many of these sets are made by "Tina"? I have so much work to do for when I do my first group buy

This is awesome! Does anyone know how many of these sets are made by "Tina"? I have so much work to do for when I do my first group buy
Tina makes this set for sure. Don't know about any of the others. Can get in cards mold or top hat and cane mold.

1678201880818.png

@Zmasterben just bumping this thread to see if you’re following the WSOP Paradise 2023 chips….
Not like you need MORE things to figure out but just curious…. ;)

@Zmasterben just bumping this thread to see if you’re following the WSOP Paradise 2023 chips….
Not like you need MORE things to figure out but just curious…. ;)

I just focus on the Vegas events.

At one point I was going to do WSOP Europe as well but when I started I realized they use different chips every year and pictures are scarce, especially older years, and I gave up

It also seems like they never use good chips outside of the main circuit. I don't have the time or energy to track everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom