WSOP 2020 Who is Going? (2 Viewers)

My goal is to play in the Bounty No Limit on July 7th. Will just depend on how much I can sweet talk the wife between now and then!

Not to be Debbie Downer, but last week Polk and somebody else were taking bets, laying 12-1 that the WSOP would be cancelled. Apparently this week, the unofficial line is below 7-1.

Why is this thread in Gear and Supplies????? :banghead:

I'm hoping to make the CCA convention again (4th year in a row hopefully). Unfortunately the Monster Stack is the week earlier which means I either need to to a long 10-12 day trip or work around the CCA dates instead....

Can we get this moved to the proper area of the forum? @David O @Tommy ??

Zombies will be taking Vegas July 1 - July 3, and then again July 5- July 9.

I'm leaning heavily toward the Red Rock for the 1st-3rd stay, just to get a new perspective. Never stayed anywhere except Downtown or on the Strip, so that will be a new experience. May still venture out for poker, but waiting to see what Aria and PH will be running before making final commitments.

I'm leaning heavily toward the Red Rock for the 1st-3rd stay, just to get a new perspective. Never stayed anywhere except Downtown or on the Strip, so that will be a new experience. May still venture out for poker, but waiting to see what Aria and PH will be running before making final commitments.
Is anyone organizing any kind of meetup or anything? Seems like at least a few of us will be in town that week.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but last week Polk and somebody else were taking bets, laying 12-1 that the WSOP would be cancelled. Apparently this week, the unofficial line is below 7-1.
I think they were looking for someone to lay 12-1. Big difference.

I really like the Red Rock, but that is probably because it is about 2 miles from my brother's house.

I really like the Red Rock, but that is probably because it is about 2 miles from my brother's house.
If your brother has any food tips for the area please feel free to share! I used to love getting local's opinions, but these days Yelp and Tripadvisor are heavily skewed by people that rate everything 5-stars (everything-is-awesome users) or 80% 5 star, 20% 1 star (goal-posts users), that their information is useless. I'm back to reading online newspapers (LV Review Journal), but actual feet on the ground is still the best information.

Is anyone organizing any kind of meetup or anything? Seems like at least a few of us will be in town that week.
If there is enough interest, I'll try to make something happen, but missing the CCGTCC means far fewer chippers in town. I will have a car, so I can get pretty much anywhere.

If there is enough interest, I'll try to make something happen, but missing the CCGTCC means far fewer chippers in town. I will have a car, so I can get pretty much anywhere.
Yeah we are getting a car this time. Just don't want to hassle with public transportation. We are staying at the Cosmo.

I'm TBD at this point. Probably will be skipping the WSOP this year though unless some substantial progress gets made on containment efforts by then. I'm considered "high risk" because of my prior bouts with pneumonia, and getting in & out of Vegas without picking up some virus is next to impossible in my experience lol.

Also, I think the field sizes are going to be taking a hit this year, and the mixed game tourneys I play in already have fairly small fields sizes to begin with.

I'm TBD at this point. Probably will be skipping the WSOP this year though unless some substantial progress gets made on containment efforts by then. I'm considered "high risk" because of my prior bouts with pneumonia, and getting in & out of Vegas without picking up some virus is next to impossible in my experience lol.

Also, I think the field sizes are going to be taking a hit this year, and the mixed game tourneys I play in already have fairly small fields sizes to begin with.
You should be safe. Vegas pool season begins today, which is perfect because no virus can survive the toxic mix of chlorine, margarita mix, bodily fluids, and EDM music that fuels Vegas pool parties. Go to vegas, and stick with swim up blackjack. ;)

You should be safe. Vegas pool season begins today, which is perfect because no virus can survive the toxic mix of chlorine, margarita mix, bodily fluids, and EDM music that fuels Vegas pool parties. Go to vegas, and stick with swim up blackjack. ;)

the next Pandemic that kills millions could easily be spawned in the putrid, chemical, body fluid filled disgustingness that is Vegas pool clubs.

My flights got changed and it mucked up my plans so I cancelled the package and got refunded.

Was going to play the Collossus and Mini Main. May try to rebook or possibly play the big 50 or monster stack freezeout instead, may not go at all

What's nice is prices are dropping with the overhyped virus thing. I don't expect the WSOP to cancel but I'd bet money attendance will be lower than last year

Maybe there'll be some overlays in guaranteed events?

One thing I'm disappointed about is I think all four of the events I was considering use the shittier looking set of chips :(

Anyone worried about the corona virus during the wsop?

I wouldn't put corona any higher a concern than any other virus. Chips are disgusting with thick layers of hooker juice. Hand-to-mouth-to-chips eating at the table is disgusting. Long bathroom lines encourages to disgusting no-hand-washing practices.

For years, the WSOP has made hand-sanitizing stations available. I doubt this year will be any different. With any luck, the coronavirus scare may get at least some people to think about using better hygiene.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom