Wrestling thread (1 Viewer)

But where are Bruno Sammartino, Nature Boy Buddy Rogers, Antonino Rocca, and Pompero Firpo, the king of the Pampas?

(Yeah, old guy Capitol Wrestling and WWF)...

How can you have a wrestling page and not include the greatest promo king of all time, Big Poppa Pump? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The greatest of all time

299px-Doink_the_clown.jpg

I noticed this is free on YouTube:

One of my old high school friends actually met The Shiek and had drinks with him. Apparently a very cool and hilarious dude in real life.

Best tag team ever - Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood! My Papa used to take me to see it live when I was a kid - it was great, especially the cage matches - lol.

Can't stand wrestling anymore, but I did grow up with it when it was awesome. You just can't beaT the ultimate warrior. What a beast
Have you tried watching AEW? I stopped following wrestling closely not long after WCW collapsed. The lack of competition and Vince getting set in his ways made me lose interest in what the WWE was putting out. Also, there's like 10 hours of WWE programming a week...who has time to keep up with that? AEW is a much more manageable one show a week for two hours, and a PPV every few months.

But where are Bruno Sammartino, Nature Boy Buddy Rogers, Antonino Rocca, and Pompero Firpo, the king of the Pampas?

(Yeah, old guy Capitol Wrestling and WWF)...
Totally with you. Grew up watching Bruno at the tail end of his career (Zbyszko angle and "final" tour of the circuit in 81) and Backlund through his run. GCW on TBS. So old school, lol. Wish they'd put some of the old MSG shows on Peacock, just for nostalgia sake.

I grew up with the WWF, those were the days. Favorites were Macho Man (and the lovely Queen Elizabeth) and Legion of Doom, but there were so many great wrestlers back in the day. Even went to a few matches when I was a kid. I just can't watch the new stuff - any of it - and the kids never really got into it, aside from watching a few events from the WWF days on video.

FYI A&E is running a series of biography specials starting in a couple of weeks called WWE Legends:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/03/aes-biography-wwe-legends-full-schedule-revealed/

* April 18: Steve Austin
* April 25: Randy Savage
* May 2: Roddy Piper
* May 9: Booker T
* May 16: Shawn Michaels
* May 23: Bret Hart
* May 30: Mick Foley
* June 6: The Ultimate Warrior

I grew up with the WWF, those were the days. Favorites were Macho Man (and the lovely Queen Elizabeth) and Legion of Doom, but there were so many great wrestlers back in the day. Even went to a few matches when I was a kid. I just can't watch the new stuff - any of it - and the kids never really got into it, aside from watching a few events from the WWF days on video.

FYI A&E is running a series of biography specials starting in a couple of weeks called WWE Legends:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/03/aes-biography-wwe-legends-full-schedule-revealed/

* April 18: Steve Austin
* April 25: Randy Savage
* May 2: Roddy Piper
* May 9: Booker T
* May 16: Shawn Michaels
* May 23: Bret Hart
* May 30: Mick Foley
* June 6: The Ultimate Warrior
F yea!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom