WPT Wooden Poker Table Help (1 Viewer)

AnteAndy

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I just bought this nice WPT wooden table for $40, freakin' steal. I bought the table from a who had it taken apart when i picked it up. However I'm in a predicament.

20190419_120722.jpg

The top portion is not stable on the center post. And bit of pressure on the edges and it leans a good bit.

The top of the center piece has four bolts that sticked up from it, loosening the bolts made them rise, tightening lowers them. The bottom of the top piece has four holes exactly position as the screws to be placed in.

Resized_20190420_111330_7083.jpg

We just put the table top over the bolts, where they go inside the holes. We didn't see any other pieces for the table or any other way to keep the top piece firm and stable on the center post. Not sure if I need to open up between those 2 square wood planks where the holes for the bolts are and see if there is anything to secure the bolts there, but it looks like those square planks are securely fastened.

Is anyone familiar with this table, and how to properly put it together to keep it from moving and wobbling? I kept trying looking for anything about poker tables like this are put together but found no luck.

These are the only photos I have of it; it's currently sitting at a friend's place until we buy a house in the near future.

There are probably four bolts that attach the pedestal to the bottom (brown) square mounting plate. Separate the two mounting plates and you may see the nuts for the pedestal bolts. Nuts may be recessed into the bottom plate.

There are probably four bolts that attach the pedestal to the bottom (brown) square mounting plate. Separate the two mounting plates and you may see the nuts for the pedestal bolts. Nuts may be recessed into the bottom plate.

That is exactly what I was thinking, but that square pedestal looks very secure. Wanted to see if anyone here on this table before I did anything else to it. It's a really nice table and I just don't want to ruin it in any way.

If you're not sure of where the problem is, sit under the table while somebody else puts pressure on the edge (or pull down from underneath) and look/feel for movement. Something isn't secure.

If you're not sure of where the problem is, sit under the table while somebody else puts pressure on the edge (or pull down from underneath) and look/feel for movement. Something isn't secure.

I know, but I didn't have to sit underneath it to know it was unstable, and that the bolts just being up into those holes would make a big difference.

Although there was a washer on one of those bolts, but that was one of the things I was going to look at when I go back there soon to try fixing it.

I think you need bigger legs. Does not look like enoug support underneath.

I think you need bigger legs. Does not look like enoug support underneath.

The legs are fine. Didn't give any trouble. It's just the table top moving because it's not firmly secured.

I'll probably just have a friend and I make support beams or screw some bolts at an angle between the top and center pieces, and just avoid ever needing to take it apart when moving it.

Similar support systems I've seen had nuts that threaded onto the bolts extending down from the table-top through the square platform (the nuts went into the holes in the square platform atop the legs). You may just be missing the nuts.

So I had a coworker friend come help fix my table with me. Found out the two square planks were put in wrong, AND the table was missing four more screws.

The bottom plank is just like the one you showed me in your photo, the other one is stuck to the bottom of the round top piece, and have two outer holes you screw into to attach the two planks together to give it all stability. The woman who sold it to me didn't bother having the four other screws to supply me, but went to Home Depot and got some more.

So that was the problem the entire team. Needless to say, when the table was all set, everyone loved it. Best $40 I ever spent. Plus I won the tournament that night and essentially got my money back from the table.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom