Would this be a terrible idea, or something cool? (1 Viewer)

TheDonkeyKong

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I host a $.50/$.50 game every second Friday with my regulars. I usually only have three different chips in play, $.50, $1 and $5s. All chips are 39mm. I was wondering if it would be cool to try and add a 43mm $5 to the line up, or would that just be weird? I know usually only the higher denoms are the bigger 43mm chip, but in this game the $5 is the highest value on the table. I would like some opinions on if I should try this, or is this a terrible idea LOL!

Although we usually only play 25/25 or 25/50 (cents, not $'s... right @allforcharity ;) ), even when the game gets bigger we end up going to $20's or $25's quite quickly. I usually never have more than a rack of $5's on the table. If that's the case in your game, which it sounds like it is, I'd go with an oversized $20. Bigger denoms are more fun when they're rare, and not a workhorse chip IMO.

If the game runs fine with $5s as the biggest denom and you want something more for aesthetic reasons (a big 43mm chip), don't make its value bigger than $10.

I feel like making them 10s would be too small an increase personally. I’d go for 20s (if not 25s but I’d prefer 20s), and probably go with somethjbg like grey or blue for the sake of contrast from the red 5s. You could do green too I guess but your options would be limited mostly to a couple of the NAGB chips.

My old Caesars set had about the same amount of $5s in play as you. And I had only 4 x $20 chips.

Both the $5s and $20s were oversized and we all thought that was pretty cool.

If you want to start using a $20, you don't need a rack. Probably just a barrel would do or even less. To try and get a few $5s off the chip leader. Also chip leader feels like a king when they're the only one with $20s lol. (Well, until they lose em).

It better to make your 4th denomination and above the bigger MM as the workhorse are usually the 2nd and 3rd denomination which is $1 & $5 in this case.

I have A B&G Golden Palace which have a regular 39mm $1 $5 $25 and 43mm $100 and 45mm $500 with a hologram inlay

It make having a Bigger $100/$500 felt like an achievement.

4FCA8BF2-EC1F-4B8E-80FC-3231F9DC2BC9.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom