Would this be a nuclear attack? (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
What should a country think of a successful attack on it's nuclear power plants - maybe conventional, maybe by "special forces" or "terrorists" - that results in the spread of radioactive material from the plants in a manner similar to a "dirty bomb"? Let's assume we know who conducted the attack with a high degree of accuracy and the attacking force is a country not a shadowy terrorist group and we know the power plant was the primary target.

Would this rise to the use of a weapon of mass destruction and warrant a nuclear counter attack?

What do you think the proper response(s) to this type of attack should be from the rest of the world powers?

Just curious what people think -=- DrStrange

Sort of a weird question Doc. I'm not sure I can imagine a scenario where that would happen with no further action by Villain, but it doesn't seem like it would be an existential threat to a nuclear nation state. Call>>>>Jam>>>>>Fold. Save the big fireworks for full-on strategic nuclear strike on Hero or Allies, or tactical strike followed by mass invasion. Honestly, even in the case of a single ICBM strike on Manhattan, I'm not sure starting WWIII is +EV.

I think only Tommy's PCF chips are at risk....

It's going to depend on the country that initiated the attack and their capabilities. If a mutually assured destruction via nuclear war is a certainty, the response would be vastly different than if it's some nation that can't retaliate with a nuclear response of their own.

Also.........set in the Boston area this time, w00t!

Fallout_4_poster.jpg

Sanctions first.
Then migration of armed forces to neighboring countries.
Very difficult in this day and age to get boots on the ground on foreign soil for a host of reasons. Unless your outright lying to your own public.
If it's a cyber attack than retaliation would be forthcoming as we've already seen with the Chinese power grid.
If it's a hands on attack it would still be virtually impossible to prove it wasn't some breakaway group.

All the more reason to buy up TRK chips. The lead will keep you safe in the event of a dirty bomb - provided you have enough to line your house with them. Not unreasonable as the more TRKs you own the smaller the house you can afford.

All the more reason to buy up TRK chips. The lead will keep you safe in the event of a dirty bomb - provided you have enough to line your house with them. Not unreasonable as the more TRKs you own the smaller the house you can afford.
Damn.

Time to downsize.

You are safe in Atlanta. Traffic prohibits the detonation of a nuclear device with sufficient time to get safely away.

Is it bad that I read the title of this thread and the first thing I thought of was Harley's ass post Taco Bell?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom