• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Would this be a good cheap set to start out with? (1 Viewer)

Those are made out of the NEXGEN plastic. Weigh around 8.5 grams and are very slippery. They are durable and inexpensive, and if you have a connection to the ARMY why not? If you end up not liking them or wanting to upgrade, they would be great donor chips to Veterans charity groups. There are, if memory serves, NAVY and MARINES versions as well, (not sure about AIR FORCE).

Those are made out of the NEXGEN plastic. Weigh around 8.5 grams and are very slippery. They are durable and inexpensive, and if you have a connection to the ARMY why not? If you end up not liking them or wanting to upgrade, they would be great donor chips to Veterans charity groups. There are, if memory serves, NAVY and MARINES versions as well, (not sure about AIR FORCE).
Thanks! Ill give these a shot to hold me over until I get a better set!

There is an Air Force version as well.

These type of threads are why so many members here say “get samples.”

To me these type of chips are not only inexpensive, but also cheap. I like inexpensive. I don’t like cheap.

I’d pass.

I'm not crazy about these kinds of plastic chips either. The slipperiness, hard plastic feel, and very light weight are not too pleasing. And the labels on them have a cheap phony texture. The only thing really going for them is that they technically have genuine edge spots. Personally around this price range I would prefer solid super diamonds over these kinds of plastic because they have much better feel.

In the next price range up, I kind of like the slugged Bud Jones knock offs like Monte Carlos and the generic crowns with the glitter ring.

I'd agree, the typical price that these chips sell for (25c) makes them an undesirable option compared to other choices.

But the set listed in the OP is heavily discounted -- only 6c each plus shipping. It's a pretty good deal for a very low-cost 500 chip starter set, which is his intent until he gets a better set.

You won't find anything close for the price, and you aren't spending a large amount of money for a stop-gap solution. I say go for it.

You start where you start. You're not gonna end there, so I say go for it! Especially if you have a connection to the military I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people you play with will think they are awesome because they have denominations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom