Worst “Good” Beer (1 Viewer)

i don't think many of you really understand this thread.

The problem is that once you get up to "good" beer, it becomes nearly impossible to differentiate between actual quality and individual preference for various styles.

I mean, there are a lot of world-class beers that I absolutely will not drink. Hefeweizens, to name one.

Last edited:
plmusf5.jpg

Used to drink that one a fair amount at places that didn't have craft beer. That and its Texas cousin Ziegenbock.

For some reason, it's available on tap at almost every golf course restaurant in our area of Florida.

A friend once gave me a pour of
bcs.jpeg

I thought it tasted like soy sauce and told him as much. He hasn't offered me a beer since.

I was at a meet-up a few years ago and I had an IPA that just tasted like bitter dead grass, with undertones of bad.
I’d include a picture, but the thread disappeared, I guess because the host got the hammer. And honestly I’m not sure if it was the can I had that was that bad, or if it was the keg. I think it was the can and the keg was almost that bad.
Which brings me to my point. I’d put al lot, if not most IPAs in this category. The fruity New England ones are sometimes good. But the majority of them seem like some awful dick measuring contest: Like the Triples? Let’s see who can drink the most vile bitter crap? I dunno; I don’t get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom