Worst “Good” Beer (1 Viewer)

Worst beer I ever tried :wtf: It had an inch of sediment in the bottle and reminded me of a lava lamp when I poured it into a glass :eek: I tried one small sip and spit it out :vomit:

View attachment 533000

Just goes to show everybody has different taste. Sam Smith Nut Brown is one of my favorites. You may have gotten a skanky bottle, never had on like that. :unsure:

I just lie about it now and pretend I like it because I'm sick of people rambling on and on to me about not understanding its glory, but my god is Guinness over rated. Much like over sized inlays, I wouldn't pay a penny for it.

View attachment 532655

Have to agree (except I'll drink one if it's the only darkside choice). I'm a stout drinker and back in the day Guinness was about the only stout you could find. Now days with the explosion of good stouts being produced, Guinness has proven to be below ordinary. It still ticks me off how many places have 20+ beers on tap but the only stout they'll have is Guinness.

60 min is drinkable, but 90 and 120 min are just boiled down hop syrups.

One of my favorite reviews:

1600109383814.png

Just goes to show everybody has different taste. Sam Smith Nut Brown is one of my favorites. You may have gotten a skanky bottle, never had on like that. :unsure:
Sounds like you had a bad bottle. I quite enjoy this one.
Yeah, Sammy Smith's is good stuff! Must have been a bad bottle.

One time I got a brown from a local brewpub (their brown was usually fine), and it was so bad I asked the waitress, "is this supposed to be a sour?" "No, that's the regular brown ale. We just tapped it." "Well, then you need to clean your lines and bring me something else." Only time I've ever sent a beer back it was so bad.

Best "bad" beer: Michelob Amber Bock.

Nothing lighter is drinkable, to me. My wife disagrees, of course... :cool

The thread seems to be drifting from “beers people think are good but actually are bad” to “beers that just suck.”

I use to drink brown ales (Old Brown Dog being my favorite) and then moved on stouts (Founders Breakfast Stout being my favorite). So, I thought, now that I'm drinking stouts, why not circle back and try some Guinness again. It tasted like I was drinking a stout version of a Pabst Blue Ribbon.

There are brown ales that I like better than Sam Smith's Nut Brown, but I'm certainly not turning this one down if offered.

Milwaukee's beast is the #1 shittiest beer
Also, flying dog old bay beer tastes f*cking foul
Oh yes. The only time I got sick after mixing jungle juice and beer once upon a time ago was when that beer was Milwaukee's Not Best.

Piels and Schaefer were lousy beers from back in the day (still made? I dunno). But everyone knew they were cheap shit. Need to hear more about allegedly highbrow beers that actually blow.

I raise. This is worse than regular Mikwaukee's Beast.

View attachment 533186
:vomit:

"Ice" lines of cheap beer are the worst. My junior year housemates used to love it to play Beiruit, quarters, tap out, etc. with this. The only time I'd agree to play was if they agreed to buy something other than that liquid petroleum.

Ballantine’s I remember as (next day) fart beer. But again: We all know that cheap shit is (almost all) bad. Let’s hear about some hifalutin craft crap.

I don't know if it's well-regarded or not, but I tried Hookiebobb IPA from Crazy Mountain one time because it was local and had cool artwork. Beer was friggin terrible though. I managed to drink 2 out of the 6 and then took the rest to poker night and threw them in the communal cooler. Looked it up on BeerAdvocate, and it's at 81% with some 1.X scores that had a similar experience.

d50cd4cac54ad52ffd79a1ec9edc69bf.jpg

Do not buy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom