World Record Holder (2 Viewers)

Williak7

High Hand
Reaction score
I am putting myself forward for a potential world record - most staples taken out of a single table in 24hours.

I’m Refurbishing a whole table so getting it back to its bare bones. The cloth had not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 lines of staples around the edge which was a huge ball ache to start with then I started on the rail and again double stapled each side of the lip ... I thought surely no more staples tackling the foam underneath the rail thinking it will be a hack job with a putty knife .... and I was wrong ... very wrong ! again double stapled each side with 200000 staples :tup:

I commend anyone on PCF who can share this experience with me and appreciate your pain :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 3EAE3B62-E2FD-4DFE-A427-A834FA514442.jpeg
    3EAE3B62-E2FD-4DFE-A427-A834FA514442.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 237
  • 9B227EE2-BDB0-4CAD-B311-4CF558EE540C.jpeg
    9B227EE2-BDB0-4CAD-B311-4CF558EE540C.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 210
Yep for as tiring as upholstering a rail can be, removing all those staples is even worse. Welcome to the club and grab some Advil and a bourbon :LOL: :laugh:

Think
Yep for as tiring as upholstering a rail can be, removing all those staples is even worse. Welcome to the club and grab some Advil and a bourbon :LOL: :laugh:

100% a whiskey on the rocks for me tonight :tup:

I had the same staple problem in my previous house. Tried to pull up the carpet in the living room in order to refinish the original hardwood floor. For some reason, in one area, the staple density went up about 8000% and it seemed to take forever to get them all out.

Ha ha. I reupholstered some dining room chairs a few years ago, . Was thankful for something like this at the time. It worked well when you could insert the leading edge of the staple remover between the fabric and the surface it was stapled to. Staple remover

We have plans to refelt one of our tables. The discussion has already occurred and been decided.

We will replace the plywood as well. Sometimes the cost is worth the effort it saves.

We have plans to refelt one of our tables. The discussion has already occurred and been decided.

We will replace the plywood as well. Sometimes the cost is worth the effort it saves.
Re-felting a table can be easy, if you just add the new surface on top of the old one. No pesky staple removal required.

Recovering a rail is an entirely horrid different matter.

I had the same staple problem in my previous house. Tried to pull up the carpet in the living room in order to refinish the original hardwood floor. For some reason, in one area, the staple density went up about 8000% and it seemed to take forever to get them all out.
It’s like torture you set aside a few hours to do something like that and in reality you need to triple the time at least to actually get it finished :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Ha ha. I reupholstered some dining room chairs a few years ago, . Was thankful for something like this at the time. It worked well when you could insert the leading edge of the staple remover between the fabric and the surface it was stapled to. Staple remover
A Stapler remover is a must and now I feel like that staple remover tool is part of me, feels weird not having it in my hands :LOL: :laugh:

Perfect decision ! I have another replica table to the one I’m working on and guess what I’ll follow suit :tup:

Re-felting a table can be easy, if you just add the new surface on top of the old one. No pesky staple removal required.

Yeah I hear you .. think there must have been like 3 cloths re felted on the table hence the 4 lines of staples into the wood. The Rail was just as bad ... why oh why didn’t they use spray adhesive instead of 100000 staples :mad:

We considered felting over. In our case the current surface was stretching and felt "loose". That could result in bumps under the new surface.

Yeah I hear you .. think there must have been like 3 cloths re felted on the table hence the 4 lines of staples into the wood. The Rail was just as bad ... why oh why didn’t they use spray adhesive instead of 100000 staples :mad:

Bad news.... Cause it wouldn't work with adhesive.

Hey, I just thought, there's a challenge

Give it a try

On second thought, don't try it.

Bad news.... Cause it wouldn't work with adhesive.

Hey, I just thought, there's a challenge

Give it a try

On second thought, don't try it.
I’m not trying anything that’s 100% not fool proof and the right thing. Hoping the worse is over ... now it’s time to dress it up :cool

We considered felting over. In our case the current surface was stretching and felt "loose". That could result in bumps under the new surface.
Yeah I wasn’t keen on stretching over want a blank canvas to work from, always going to show the best results that way

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom