Without Remorse (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Of all the books and movies I’ve seen/read, Mr. Clark is by far one of my favorite characters. This book, “Without remorse“ is one of my favorite books. This new reimagined movie version doesn’t look half bad. I sure hope they do it justice.

If you’ve seen Tom Clancy’s Clear and Present Danger movie, you’ve seen Mr. Clark, played by William Defoe. But the book version paints Mr. Clark as a much scarier person.

“Without Remorse” tells how Mr. Clark became so dark, and dangerous. From fun loving retired Navy SEAL, to super scary CIA dark operative (who doesn’t exist).

Mark your calendars for April 30!

I’d agree with the OP. Back in the mid to late 90’s I went through all the Clancy books at the time. Without Remorse was my clear favorite and I thought it should have been made into a movie back then. I’m interested in checking this out but my hopes are not high to be honest.

I couldn't get past the first couple of minutes. One giant remorseful cliche...Seals lying undetected, fully submerged in a fountain, with no apparent breathing device...just waiting for the bad guys to wonder by. Dumbest scene I've seen in cinema in a long time.

I enjoyed it, but I haven’t read the book. Michael B. Jordan did a good job with the role in my opinion.

I couldn't get past the first couple of minutes. One giant remorseful cliche...Seals lying undetected, fully submerged in a fountain, with no apparent breathing device...just waiting for the bad guys to wonder by. Dumbest scene I've seen in cinema in a long time.

I watched it today... (an admitted long time fan of the book). I understood it was an adaptation and didn't follow the letter of the written work. Keeping that in mind, it was an enjoyable action flick, judged on those merits. I absolutely would have preferred a movie that more closely followed the book, so on those marks I give it a thumbs down for the missed opportunity. I think all the negative buzz about the movie revolves around this fact... You would think keeping it original would actually be easier than crafting some new plot and story line. The story is tried and true and beloved by many. I don't think this will ever be thought of as "Without Remorse", but a Tom Clancy themed action flick. I still feel like 10 years from now some enterprising film maker needs to come out with the actual film. adaptation. But regardless, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend folks watch the movie.

As for the believability factors, I had to suspend reality a few times (as you always do in action flicks), BUT to Meddler's comments, I paid close attention to the opening scene, and they absolutely DO have a breathing apparatus being used in the water (a rebreather).

I have been talking about this as a Clancy fan....Hunt for Red October being my somewhat obvious favorite...but Without Remorse being the close second. Not that excited for the film, but I will watch it. I am currently reading Red Rabbit, albeit slowly (thus far a slow starter).

I watched it today... (an admitted long time fan of the book). I understood it was an adaptation and didn't follow the letter of the written work. Keeping that in mind, it was an enjoyable action flick, judged on those merits. I absolutely would have preferred a movie that more closely followed the book, so on those marks I give it a thumbs down for the missed opportunity. I think all the negative buzz about the movie revolves around this fact... You would think keeping it original would actually be easier than crafting some new plot and story line. The story is tried and true and beloved by many. I don't think this will ever be thought of as "Without Remorse", but a Tom Clancy themed action flick. I still feel like 10 years from now some enterprising film maker needs to come out with the actual film. adaptation. But regardless, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend folks watch the movie.

As for the believability factors, I had to suspend reality a few times (as you always do in action flicks), BUT to Meddler's comments, I paid close attention to the opening scene, and they absolutely DO have a breathing apparatus being used in the water (a rebreather).
I must have missed the rebreather in my scurrying to find the remote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom