Windy Crest Round Table Build Thread (1 Viewer)

Rail #1 finally complete. Far from perfect, but I'm happy with it.
20210703_142934.jpg

Very nice! I really wish I could make it out for the meetup next month.

What height should this be? It feels too low. I used a base from one of those pool table/poker tables. I think I need to raise it a few inches.

What height should this be? It feels too low. I used a base from one of those pool table/poker tables. I think I need to raise it a few inches.

I typically shoot for 29"-30" inches from the floor to the top of rail for a regular table. A tad higher for a raised rail table.

edit to add: compared to a regular kitchen table, it should feel a little low.

I typically shoot for 29"-30" inches from the floor to the top of rail for a regular table. A tad higher for a raised rail table.

edit to add: compared to a regular kitchen table, it should feel a little low.

Like Irish said, 29“ is standard.
It's 29.5" to the top of the rail. My oval tables must be a tad bit higher.

Now to finish table #2!

It's 29.5" to the top of the rail. My oval tables must be a tad bit higher.

Now to finish table #2!

After you play on it a few times, you'll likely find you like the lower height much better. It's much more comfortable to deal & play than a slightly taller kitchen table.

After you play on it a few times, you'll likely find you like the lower height much better. It's much more comfortable to deal & play than a slightly taller kitchen table.
We played on it on Saturday - it was very well received and I don't think I will ever want to play on an oval again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom