Windy City Blowout opening flip thread.

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Ok I don't want to clog up the WCB thread. Who is interested in putting in for an opening flip? How much should we play for, what game and what max number of players?

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
Current Numbers:

1- Mr Tree $100
2- Ronoh $100
3- links_slayer $100
4- Tommy $100
5- ChaosRock $100
6- detroitdad $25
7- JFCJ $100
8- Payback $100
9- Ben $50
10- BGinGA $25
11- stocky $25
12- tommythecat $25
13- k9dr $50

Last edited:

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
I'm guessing Paulo and Ben will jump in when they see the thread (dunno about any other attendees that may want in). If the interest is there I am open to running it 20-handed... don't want anyone to get left out ;)

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I'm guessing Paulo and Ben will jump in when they see the thread (dunno about any other attendees that may want in). If the interest is there I am open to running it 20-handed... don't want anyone to get left out ;)
I'd suspect you are right, so I will put them honorarily in.

So far

Mr Tree
Ronoh
Links_Slayer
Chaosrock(?)
Ben(?)

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
In for up to $100, 10 max
If the interest is there but 10-max is a deal breaker (and using $100 as the example) we could even run two 10-man hands where each winner gets $500 and they flip heads up for the additional grand ;)

We'll know more as peeps jump in the thread, just saying we can figure something out for any number of peeps and it won't be time consuming at WCB. Can run the hands out quickly while taking pics along the way to get them out of the way and just feed the online crowd with updated pics at our leisure ;)

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
Also $100 isn't set in stone so post the amount you would like to see when posting your interest

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IN LOCO!!! :)

Cool with whatever you guys decide... Thanks Tom!!! Btw, dude, catch a flight, c'mon!!

* I have a feeling @k9dr will jump in as well ;)

Last edited:

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
No doubt... Thursday to Monday ATL-MDW can still be had on the Redbelly for under two bills. Just saying ;)
Sigh, I want to believe me. I'd already signed up for WSOP Circuit events next weekend with Doug the Supahnit.

Last edited:

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'd do it, but only for 25. If you guys wanted more I have no problem sitting out. Limited set of buy ins, can't gamble it away on a flip

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd do it, but only for 25. If you guys wanted more I have no problem sitting out. Limited set of buy ins, can't gamble it away on a flip

I hear you man... If there's more interest at $25 we can split as @Ronoh suggested, like one $25 run and one $75 run...

I'm with you regarding a limited number of buy-ins man but for me, a coin-flip is the best odds I'll have playing aganist them guys! :)

Last edited:

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Ok so farwe have

Mr Tree
Links_Slayer
Ronoh
Tommy
Chaosrock
Detroitdad
JFCJ
Ben (?)

Payback

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be in for whatever. Although my flip preference is mostly for 7 card no peek as that results in maximum sweat. Omaha or holdem is meh sweat wise.

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Ok so Payback is in. Still waiting for Ben confirmation.

So what are we thinking? Obviously no strategy to this so what gives maximum sweat all the way to the last card. Are we keeping the buy in at $25?

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
Mr Tree said:
So what are we thinking? Obviously no strategy to this so what gives maximum sweat all the way to the last card. Are we keeping the buy in at $25?
Bit hard to tell what the consensus is after... much is jumbled with no real answers. Instead of peeps responding with "up to $xxx amount" how about we all jump in with how much we would like it to be for, what game we would like to see and go with the majorities? Don't want to leave anyone out but say 8 guys want to go $100 and one wants to go $25 I'd say it's better to go 8x$100 than 9x$25. No offense intended here DD, just using you as the example. And since you'll be there I'm guessing we'll give you a $25 side flip anytime ya want :)

Could also do an ALL ARE WELCOME format where anyone wanting in can play whatever amount they'd like (with a reasonable minimum of $20 or $25) and do side pots on overages. It's really not difficult and wouldn't slow the hand down at all.

Something like the following and once we have a majority game and amount confirmed it can be set in stone allowing others to join or drop out? I'll put this in the 2nd post for now, feel free to grab it for OP if you like.

(Name / preferred amount / preferred game)
Mr Tree
Ronoh / $100 / PLO
links_slayer
Tommy
ChaosRock
detroitdad / $25 /
JFCJ
Payback / / 7stud
Ben (tentative)

Ben

Full House
Reaction score
Came late, trying to read on my phone, not sure exactly what's happening. In for $60, format irrelevant.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just run it in $25 increments, with the differing wagered amounts going into side pots. If you have 2@$25, 2@$50 and 6@$100, then:

main pot = $250, 10 players
side pot #1 = $200, 8 players
side pot #2 = $300, 6 players

Easy-peasy, and nobody is risking more than they are comfortable with. Also creates more sweats. :cool: Run 'em all together, versus using different pools/boards.

I'm in for $25. Prefer double-board Omaha8 with sevens wild......

j/k, seems like PLO generates the most sweat per effort, and is a game everybody typically plays.

Mr Tree

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Just run it in $25 increments, with the differing wagered amounts going into side pots. If you have 2@$25, 2@$50 and 6@$100, then:

main pot = $250, 10 players
side pot #1 = $200, 8 players
side pot #2 = $300, 6 players

Easy-peasy, and nobody is risking more than they are comfortable with. Also creates more sweats. :cool: Run 'em all together, versus using different pools/boards.

I'm in for $25. Prefer double-board Omaha8 with sevens wild......

j/k, seems like PLO generates the most sweat per effort, and is a game everybody typically plays.
I like this. Everybody declare what you are willing to be in for in $25 increments

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Bit hard to tell what the consensus is after... much is jumbled with no real answers. Instead of peeps responding with "up to $xxx amount" how about we all jump in with how much we would like it to be for, what game we would like to see and go with the majorities? Don't want to leave anyone out but say 8 guys want to go $100 and one wants to go $25 I'd say it's better to go 8x$100 than 9x$25. No offense intended here DD, just using you as the example. And since you'll be there I'm guessing we'll give you a $25 side flip anytime ya want :)

Could also do an ALL ARE WELCOME format where anyone wanting in can play whatever amount they'd like (with a reasonable minimum of $20 or $25) and do side pots on overages. It's really not difficult and wouldn't slow the hand down at all.

Something like the following and once we have a majority game and amount confirmed it can be set in stone allowing others to join or drop out? I'll put this in the 2nd post for now, feel free to grab it for OP if you like.

(Name / preferred amount / preferred game)
Mr Tree
Ronoh / $100 / PLO
links_slayer
Tommy
ChaosRock
detroitdad / $25 /
JFCJ
Payback / / 7stud
Ben (tentative)

Sir,

I honestly won't be offended if I don't partake in this. I'm not interested in a 50-100 pure gamble. 25 is what "m comfortable with. Definitely don't let me hold you degenerates back, lol.

Shit, I enjoyed following the last flip.

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
and since there isn't any skill involved. If we do a 25 one I don't care what game it is. I like the idea about the most sweat though.

Top Bottom