Windy City Blowout 10 - Wednesday July 17 - Saturday July 20

abby99

Full House
Reaction score
Here is what was in my brain... An orbit ... a level... pretty much the same amount of time, tho longer in PLO. To switch on each level (based on a clock), would allow the tables to switch at the same time (ish), and it allows the tourney clock to display the correct game.. Switching on levels also allows for equal times for each format. An orbit of PLO will take 2x as long as the Holdem orbit.
In other words, we'd play twice as many Hold'em hands as PLO hands. A ridiculous solution would be to make the PLO levels twice as long as the HE levels.
sand hourglass
Now that's thinking outside the box!

moose

Full House
Reaction score
Each table just needs a stack of lammers and a table captain that will count the hands.

Seat chips work great if you have them.

Jeff

Full House
Reaction score
I have plenty of chip/lammers/ and other trinket things to count if everyone thinks that's easier than just doing orbits. And some pretty cool wood three barrel racks to move a chip from right to left.

Doing orbits, then multiple orbits, then changing to number of hands, etc seems unworkable. So counting to eight for the whole tournament may be just the right thing?

Dan2330

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have plenty of chip/lammers/ and other trinket things to count if everyone thinks that's easier than just doing orbits. And some pretty cool wood three barrel racks to move a chip from right to left.

Doing orbits, then multiple orbits, then changing to number of hands, etc seems unworkable. So counting to eight for the whole tournament may be just the right thing?
I would suggest table captain sit in one of the middle seats and also keep track of pots for PLO hands in case player calls pot the chips don’t have to be counted each time slowing the rounds

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Jeff,

We have family in town this weekend. I won't have time to put the one dollar labels on the 100s. I figure that shouldn't be a problem for our experienced crew.

Starting $100 stack.

20190710_195158.jpg

Jeff

Full House
Reaction score
The circuit for Thurs, Friday, Saturday should be Egg Harbor, Canteen, Bread Basket (in that order)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Or bring them with you and players can label them at the table.
I am contemplating a full inlay replacement. As long as Jeff is fine with every player having a razor blade and pliers on the table I'm game to share the work :)

Uzi

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Jeff, I am not showing up on the list for Wednesday. Can I assume that spot is available to me following our texting session?

Jeff

Full House
Reaction score
I like how you put glass on that with a bunch of collectibles under the glass at your house.

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I like how you put glass on that with a bunch of collectibles under the glass at your house.
This one? The glass was a CL find..

9843EF85-94E9-425D-ACA4-58C9DF008E71.jpeg

but the burgundy one is portable... Happy to bring it if anyone wants a great dice rolling table. Could be used as a 3-4 person card game. We routinely play dice games with 6 + players.

C725DF1B-6DE1-4BC3-A87F-452F1FCC15EA.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff

Full House
Reaction score
Just did the name tags last night. Liked the base picture, so I thought I'd post it. Just like your own kids, your own custom chips are dear to your heart. The non-traditional $1 may not be everyone's cup to tea, but I love mine.

Last year, I did a WCB9 commemorative chip for my set, and also a challenge coin. This year, I'm transitioning to the challenge coin/card capper and not doing a CPC chip because I really can't use any more chips in my set.

The challenge coin uses purple, because my set has a purple $10 chip (WCB 10). The design has an X behind the logo for WCB 10, and it may be too subtle to stand out as a design element.

WCBxpicture.jpg

Top Bottom