Windows 11 is available (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Win 11 is now available via the Windows Insider Program.

2021-06-29_0-51-41.jpg

Curious in your thoughts once you get her going. I've watched several videos and it looks pretty nice. I think I'll wait for a RC or final before I make the jump, just in case, even though I have backups.

Just shifted my work laptop to Apple and am in heaven.

There is one feature I miss- the multi-window snap function. But even that was a fight sometimes, so…

Is this a release candidate? They have to be pretty close to RTM with official launch just 4 months away.

Following with interest!

I’m a complete laggard when it comes to Windows OS upgrades. I was on Win7 until early this year but went to Win10 in prep for Cyberpunk.

Needless to say, I’ll jump on when the dust has settled. :)

Curious in your thoughts once you get her going. I've watched several videos and it looks pretty nice. I think I'll wait for a RC or final before I make the jump, just in case, even though I have backups.

The upgrade went smoothly. All my local files and programs are still here and working fine! LOL Having the start menu and taskbar shortcuts centered and not on the left will take some time to get used to. I did read that you can set them back to the left. I haven't found that setting yet but having a 38" main monitor, I think it may be better to have them in the middle. I do like the updated multiple monitor support and the option to have multiple desktops even if you only use one monitor.

2021-06-29_10-12-04.jpg

The upgrade went smoothly. All my local files and programs are still here and working fine! LOL Having the start menu and taskbar shortcuts centered and not on the left will take some time to get used to. I did read that you can set them back to the left. I haven't found that setting yet but having a 38" main monitor, I think it may be better to have them in the middle. I do like the updated multiple monitor support and the option to have multiple desktops even if you only use one monitor.

View attachment 728982
I'm still using a 24" 1440p 165hz display. That menu will be going right back into the left corner.

View attachment 728982
I think I'll wait a while... do you know how long the update is available for free to Win 10 users? I think with the Win 8 upgrade it was available for some 18 months.

I remember when I first got Win 10 there were a bunch of features I hated... the first thing I did was figure out how to set it up like the Windows 95 configuration I was used to :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom