Will this hold 500 chips? (1 Viewer)

The math says it might hold even 1000 in two floors of racks, less protected of course, in case you 're fit enough to carry it around.

Yeah, looks like 8 racks per layer 5 layers deep...not much room for padding, but that's 4000 chips. With a little padding, I think you can squeeze in 500.

Yeah, looks like 8 racks per layer 5 layers deep...not much room for padding, but that's 4000 chips. With a little padding, I think you can squeeze in 500.

how did you get 8 racks per layer? i got 5 with a little bit of room between, the dimensions you see on the link are the exterior length width depth measurements, this is the interior measurements (DxWxH): 165 x 430 x 285mm, oh wait i didnt think about the depth

I was going off the rack size he stated in the OP. I'm willing to do a little math. I'm not going to break out measuring devices in order to confirm the givens!

Even at 50mm height, that's still 3 layers...

Let me ammend my response...

Yes, it will fit 500 chips...

When slinging around that kind of weight, the handle design of the case has a LOT to do with how far (or long) you can comfortably carry it.

Even a lightweight aluminum/plastic case with 1000 chips can be murder on the hands with a poorly designed handle.

Anything more than 1000 chips and I’d want wheels. And the case MUST be proven sturdy enough to handle that kind of weight—most importantly the hinges, latches and handles. For me, that means a Pelican case, and the best one for >1000 chips is the Pelican 1510.

EF883AFF-A767-4950-9ED8-A879D8F0BC86.jpeg
2FCB67D7-C3E5-4A99-A6DA-85497B708DF8.jpeg

I wonder why you’d want something so huge for 500 poker chips?

Edit - My bad, I miscalculated.
The case will comfortably hold 1000 chips. So yeah its an overkill for 500 chips.

Last edited:
When slinging around that kind of weight, the handle design of the case has a LOT to do with how far (or long) you can comfortably carry it.
Even a lightweight aluminum/plastic case with 1000 chips can be murder on the hands with a poorly designed handle.
Yeah didnt really think about the handle, guess I'll just have to see

I wonder why you’d want something so huge for 500 poker chips?
how is it huge? it tightly fits 500 on one layer, ill keep the bottom layer as foam,

Agreed. Pelican 1400 holds up to 700 and is smaller. Only $50 or so.
the case i linked though is only $32

The volume of the case is more than ten times the volume of your racks. To me, that’s huge, but that’s just my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom