Why so big? Thoughts on this call down? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Watching this hand in the replayer I think this guy was just playing his range.
If he had gone smaller I probably would have folded but the sizing is what made me call it down.
Thoughts?

Hero RFI in LJ. BB completes. Standard.
HUD does show V as a TAG with an 11% 3-bet over 2k hands so has an aggro mindset.

1669239349492.png

Flop X through. I think this is standard on this board.

1669238635144.png

Turn card favors my range and V goes for a 2x overbet. This seems strange.
He could have 8Ts or 58s or even a set but I would think those hands would want to build a pot by betting 1/2 pot rather than shutting it down.
He should want my money in the pot and not looking for a fold if he is strong here. He certainly cannot guarantee I have a king so no guarantee I'm calling a big bet.
I dont think it is at all likely that I am on a draw that he needs protection from if he does have a K.
So honestly it looked like he turned a FD. Hero calls.

1669238706936.png

River gives Hero two pair and again V fires a 2x overbet. If V was strong (like a set) on turn I can see this type of bet in response to my call (which is strong so he can try to maximize value). But I didnt peg his turn sizing as strong and the flush doesnt get there.

1669239069103.png

Hero calls. Thoughts? Obviously it turned out to be the right play. I think if he had gone with smaller turn sizing I might have folded river.

1669239228724.png

You have to call turn. 2x isn't enough to consider folding. When you make two pair of the river, same deal. If he has a set or straight, oh well. But you have to call with your top 33% of hands of you think he's capable. I have to imagine KJ is in the top 33% of your hands as played.

Wondering what stakes you are playing. 2x overbet turn is an autofold for me as in my experience there are so many flopped sets / 2pair from fish players that are trying to make up lost ground on the turn. With his stats I wouldn't expect such a spew. Nice river to counter act any 2pair and nice results

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom