Why Have a Tournament Set? (1 Viewer)

I thought limit

I think this may be one of if not the largest privately owned tournament set seen on PCF......
I ran some numbers perhaps you have other variations but your tournament chips 25+ could cover T20000 for 120 players with a bounty as a single rebuy token for every player to rebuy once and still color up to 1000's..... That is amazing and I would love to see it. Furthest I can push is 70 players for a t5 and 40 for t25 based tournaments.

TOURNAMENT
Players120
Denoms* (populated from Column B)Chips PPChips in playBankColour up
PPBank usedBank left over# of Rebuy's
Total$20,000$2,400,0003,255,000162.70
Chips used303600
We run it for T20k and set up for 50 players, but we run 16/16/12/12 starting stacks! Lots of chips in play and lots of fun!
171A4143-FCA3-4A65-BBF4-1D06845F1D00.jpeg.jpg

20211002_143224.jpg

Here's one of ole @buffalojim hoarding up all the chips after taking down a big hand!
20211002_151806.jpg

Our final four I believe only one PCF member left @BootySnatcher
IMG_20211002_214118672.jpg

And final 3 saw the 1ks removed
IMG_20211002_224036489.jpg

We only had 28 this past October, it is also unlimited half price rebuys. We have Hope's to one day hit 50 which the set is really designed for. But also future proofing and adding higher denom custom plaques so we can run T80k but T100 based. (Still 400 BB) but the set is pretty close to finished now.

We run it for T20k and set up for 50 players, but we run 16/16/12/12 starting stacks! Lots of chips in play and lots of fun!
View attachment 836036
View attachment 836038
Here's one of ole @buffalojim hoarding up all the chips after taking down a big hand!
View attachment 836039
Our final four I believe only one PCF member left @BootySnatcher
View attachment 836040
And final 3 saw the 1ks removed
View attachment 836048
We only had 28 this past October, it is also unlimited half price rebuys. We have Hope's to one day hit 50 which the set is really designed for. But also future proofing and adding higher denom custom plaques so we can run T80k but T100 based. (Still 400 BB) but the set is pretty close to finished now.
Just flop quad jacks and people just give you their chips. Easy game.

For me, security isnt a concern. I play with the same friends that I've known for 20 years.
... said almost everyone who has ever come up short in the bank when cashing out at the end of the evening.

It is never a problem until it is a problem. And then it is a problem. And you as host are responsible to make the bank whole.

Having dedicated Cash Game and Tournament chips eliminates the problem before it becomes a problem.

Read through some older threads here and you will find stories of people using Dice chips for Cash Games. No problems for a long time, until someone you thought you trusted heads off to Walmart and picks up some identical chips and slips them into the game. They cash out early, and you are left holding the bag.

Plus... MOAR CHIPS!

... said almost everyone who has ever come up short in the bank when cashing out at the end of the evening.

It is never a problem until it is a problem. And then it is a problem. And you as host are responsible to make the bank whole.

Having dedicated Cash Game and Tournament chips eliminates the problem before it becomes a problem.

Read through some older threads here and you will find stories of people using Dice chips for Cash Games. No problems for a long time, until someone you thought you trusted heads off to Walmart and picks up some identical chips and slips them into the game. They cash out early, and you are left holding the bag.

Plus... MOAR CHIPS!
My new CPC set is cash from 50 cent to 25k.

Y'all try my home game security, fools!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

I had this same reaction in my brain!

I don't even run Tournaments no more, but I have retained a couple Tournament sets, in case I ever needed.

Here here for MOAR anyways!

All good reasons. For me, security isnt a concern. I play with the same friends that I've known for 20 years.
You are thinking about security wrong. Most of us trust all of our players. That isn't the issue. Sometimes, a chip can accidentally be swept from a tournament to a cash game (or vice-versa).

There have also been well published reports of old friends that turned out to be cheats.

"Trust everyone, but always cut the deck" is timeless wisdom.

Why Have a Tournament more than 1 Set?​

Is a legit question that I worry my Wife will ask me
Just do what I do, ask her (with as serious of a face as you can muster), "Is that a real quedtion? Do you own 1 dress, 1 pair of shoes, or 1 sock?"

Then walk away in disgust!!

If that don't work, show her pics from the forum and that will convince her you're normal. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

14733.jpeg

14735.jpeg

I ask myself all the time why I should have a tournament set.

The answer? I shouldn’t.

Tournaments are pretty dumb for the most part
Why do I own a cash set? Because @RichMahogany may stop by, and I don't want to pitch a game he does not like (even though cash games are pretty dumb for the most part). :cool

Use the public health angle.

"CDC recommends that home poker chip sets be played in rotation, in order to reduce the risk of virus transmission between frequently handled chips. Since current guidance is for 2 week break between use of the same set, weekly poker games should consider rotating between at least 2 sets, with more sets in the rotation as the frequency of play increases."

I'm willing to sign my name and some made-up PCF title to a statement like this if it helps in your acquisitions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom