WHTC Colours fading after wash? (1 Viewer)

jkkl94

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi PCF,

My name is Jo and i own a 1000 pc set WHTC chips. Some background on it, it's a used set and pretty dirty so i decided so give it a wash. I used warm water with laundry detergent and mixed in with a bit of dishwashing liquid too. I started with a rack of 100 chips of $5 reds and after i rinse and dry, i noticed that the red turned out to be a lighter shade than the ones that are not washed. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me but is this normal? Is this because it is clean? can someone kindly guide me because i am not familiar with poker chips and i decided to invest in a WHTC set because it came at quite a discounted price from a friend of mine. Pardon my ignorance please!! :(

It is likely that the chips are just dried out and could use a slight bit of mineral oil. Don't over use the oil. Search for threads on oiling chips. It is also possible that the laundry detergent bleached the chips... this is less likely. I would still plan to oil them.

Agreed sounds like they need an oiling, how long were in they in the soap mix for?
Also its likely the laundry soap dried them out a bit, probably better to use just dish soap.

Welcome friend!! Detergents used are stripping not only dirt and grunge away from the surface but also the natural oils from your hands over time... this leaves the chip dry and will make it seem as though the colors have faded... fully dry your chips, we typically let them sit for 24 hours before oiling and then follow the instructions for manual oiling, flip them at 24 hours... wipe them dry at 48 hours... your chips will be back to looking just like the first day you bought them!! Any questions shoot me a PM! Welcome to PCF sir!! Fellow chipper Ben

Doubling down with previous comments, I also own WTHC chips that I washed a lot as I bought them quite dirty. What you described seems to be dry chips in need of a bit of oiling ! I went trough the same process and they are shining bright !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom