Who's got a boat? What are the pros/cons? (1 Viewer)

Seriously? I have never heard of this. I couldn’t tell you how many hundreds and hundreds of times I’ve launched and never done this. The lights have never had an issue.
LED bulbs are unaffected by water. Old incandescent bulbs if hot can shatter. You probably have LED on any modern trailer.

I’m an idiot.

AB64D2DB-122C-444A-9B2D-436B412741F0.jpeg

If I had a boat...

If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean
And if I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat
And we could all together go out on the ocean
Me upon my pony on my boat

If I were Roy Rogers, I'd sure enough be single
I couldn't bring myself to marrying old Dale
It'd just be me and Trigger
We'd go riding through them movies
Then we'd buy a boat and on the sea we'd sail

The mystery masked man was smart, he got himself a Tonto
'Cause Tonto did the dirty work for free
But Tonto he was smarter
And one day said, "Kemosabe
Kiss my ass, I bought a boat
I'm going out to sea"

And if I were like lightning, I wouldn't need no sneakers
I'd come and go wherever I would please
And I'd scare 'em by the shade tree
And I'd scare 'em by the light pole
But I would not scare my pony on my boat out on the sea

And if I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean
And if I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat
And we could all together, go out on the ocean
Me upon my pony on my boat

-- Lyle Lovett

Major con, I would think: running cost. My retired AF F16 test pilot / US Air captain tennis friend has two boats. The 32-footer behind his house gets less than 2 miles per gallon. The 44-footer he keeps in Tampa gets 1/2 mile per gallon. At $5+ per gallon. I can't even imagine the number for the 60+ he and his wealthy son are shopping for now...

We got our boat out for the first time this season Friday. The kids love to drive it. This is our second year owning it. Hopefully we use it more that we did last year. So far owning it has been easy. Taking the batteries out at the end of the year is it. We pay the local boat company to shrink wrap it for the winter.
IMG_9293.jpeg
IMG_9431.jpeg

Major con, I would think: running cost.......
At $5+ per gallon. I can't even imagine the number for the 60+ he and his wealthy son are shopping for now...
No doubt, Boats are expensive & can be a pita because things break & need maintenance etc, but at the same time they can bring one a lot of enjoyment & pleasure.

Think of it on terms of playing poker (for the 95% of losing players) If you enjoy it enough, you keep owning/playing. If not you get rid of it/stop playing. Same thing with the size (or expense) of a boat or poker game. If you can afford to lose $500/month playing poker and you enjoy it enough, you might do so for an entire lifetime. If you can afford a lot more you do that. Same thing with a boat.

For someone that can legitimately afford a 60+ ft boat spending 100k/yr + on maintenance, gas etc has to be a drop in the bucket.

I have a boat right now but it’s bottom set on paired board and just got raised big on river

pro good hand con I think I’m bout to get stacked

Edit….got stacked. Damn it

Last edited:
BEST DAY OF OWNING A BOAT ARE….
The first day. And
The last day.

What’s better than owning a boat?
Having a friend that owns a boat you are willing to chip on costs and leave him with the headache of maintaining that responsibility…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom